Which mainstream artists are on their way to becoming a flop?

1 hour ago, mihailtodorovsky said:

Flop? lol sure 830K only in US is flop lmao your faves could never without the bundles and very weak promotion like Adele did 

The only reason Alden got this sales is because of her past success! The new album is boring and she won’t be able to hold for long

• Haha 1
On 10/14/2021 at 9:34 AM, Jordan Miller said:

I agree that chart success does not = relevancy. There's tons of great music released all the time that don't get anywhere near the Hot 100. 

It's weird how the GP LOVES an artist for an era then want nothing to do with them afterward. 

Yeah, and it fluctuates too. Madonna and Cher have had their share of peaks and valleys in popularity during their laters years. Madonna was almost 30 years into her career when Hung up was #1 in every country, same with Cher. Hell even rock bands like Guns N' Roses sell out football stadiums to this day and noone mentions them. Also ABBA.

And it's not like these people "flop" , their fanbase follows them wherever they go. We tend to prop up younger artists and they become the "It" person because we as a society agree younger artists = cool/hip and media focuses on those individuals more. Advertising dollars baby!

• Love 1

Pretty much everyone except for Taylor, Adele, The Weeknd. They will regress over time as everyone but dont see them flopping anytime soon. I think Billie will struggle in her next era and I dont think Dua Lipa has anything new to offer anymore. Olivia may do well or flop to oblivion. Lady Gaga has been over to me for like 5 years. Ariana will probably do numbers but her relevancy and quality is regressing. 

• Love 2

It hurts me but Nicki is done. I love her music but as a person, she’s just the worst. Imagine paving a way and being salty at those who follow it :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Also Ariana. Surprising given how huge she was a short while ago. Even more surprising, because 34+35 my fav songs from her and I feel like she’s gotten better since her debut consistently. Although she’s a flop risk, I think she is the most likely to bounce back. 
And Billie. Her debut is overshadowing her already. She’s overrated and her new era has had no impact. There’s talent there for sure, but I lived through the emo phase of the 00’s and I have no desire to revisit it. 

I don’t know why anyone is bringing up Demi. Her relevancy post 2015 is making the news for her ultra woke battle to appropriately name ET’s. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block