Which mainstream artists are on their way to becoming a flop?

On 10/14/2021 at 7:34 AM, Jordan Miller said:

I agree that chart success does not = relevancy. There's tons of great music released all the time that don't get anywhere near the Hot 100. 

It's weird how the GP LOVES an artist for an era then want nothing to do with them afterward. 

Unless they have the media paid for like Adele. Literally no one knew she had music coming out until she paid the whole world to advertise :checkit_sipping_drinking_spill_tea:

• Haha 1
On 10/14/2021 at 8:04 AM, Markoct said:

Doja Cat comes to mind. I think shes good but i think she got the good support and investment from the music industry for a top of the top Artist but didnt fully harness it or deliver - and I dont think future albums will make her bigger. But id love to be proven wrong in the future tbh.

Yea I can’t see this happening but I respect your thought 

On 10/14/2021 at 5:32 PM, gapeach704 said:
  • Ed Sheeran
  • Selena Gomez
  • Demi Lovato and their alien friends
  • Miley Cyrus

These came to my mind immediately.

Especially Ed Sheeran, since the album "÷"  aka "Devide" he hasn't been able to catch a real strong hit like he did with "Perfect" and "Shape Of You".

Sad though, I never cared for his work UNTIL "Bad Habits" and "Shivers" which I totally think are GEMS. Especially Shivers, it's so catchy!

Miley Cyrus has never been this good in her entire career but I think many people don't care for her image. She changed from Hannah Montana to the hammer licking Bangerz girl to this hard rock chick. Allthough I must say she seems to fit the hard rock vibe very well, I think most people aren't here for it. Shame though, "Plastic Hearts" is a good album and her live performances of that era are AMAZING. She NAILED every single performance of "Midnight Sky" so flawlessly.

Demi Lovato is just messed up at this point, she's constantly hurting her own career with her behavior... the sugargate thing, the alien thing, ...

• Love 3

Lady Gaga 

Avril Lavigne (done)

Iggy Azalea (done)

Christina Aguilera (done)

Katy Perry (done) 

Will.I.Am (done)

Timbaland (done)

Jessie J (done)

Kelly Clarkson (done)

Jedward (done)

Nicki Minaj (unfortunately)

Lil Wayne (unfortunately)

Drake (never my thing anyway)

Madonna (think about it)

Beyonce (mainstream doesn’t care anymore)

Jay-Z

Pink

Adam Lambert

Bigbang

Justin Timberlake

Fergie

Ciara

Gwen Stefani

Demi Lovato

Cassie

Eminem

Justin Bieber

Tinashe

Shakira

Chris Brown (fortunately)

“Britney and Rihanna can’t be evaluated cuz they don’t release a thing.”

Still rising stars:

BTS

Dua Lipa

Adele

Lil Nas X 

Ava Max

Ed Sheeran

Måneskin

Cardi B

Megan Thee Stallion

Lizzo?

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

Let's be real that the career in USA in pop music last about 10 years for an artist. Actually it all depends of the rules of the music business.

Madonna had a lot of great comebacks, but only because she played the rules that she knew again and again (sales + airplay). Madonna died in mp3 era and died even more in streming era. All of these legends played the 'airplay + sales' rules for so long that's why they had a long career.

Xtina died in mp3 era.

If somebody will start career right now (streaming era) and there's not gonna be nothing new besides streaming have a chance for a long career.

The next one for the real flop is Lady Gaga.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Honestly, Ariana... she's huge in streaming probably only because of massive playlisting and her last album sold only 170K copies :emma: She's on The Voice now, right? I don't hear about her in news, Twitter etc. At least it's very rare nowadays. Not gonna lie, it seems like people are slowly losing interest in her. Her peak was 2019. She has a huge fandom but even on stan Twitter I don't see as much of her as few years ago. She's definitely capable of #1s because of her fandom but well her last song 34+35 flopped despite of promotion like remix with Doja and Meghan and two music videos :emma:

Next, Billie... well I think we all can agree :emma:

What about Nicki? :emma: Her dramas, she probably lost a lot of fans... :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Henry M. Torres said:

Honestly, Ariana... she's huge in streaming probably only because of massive playlisting and her last album sold only 170K copies :emma: She's on The Voice now, right? I don't hear about her in news, Twitter etc. At least it's very rare nowadays. Not gonna lie, it seems like people are slowly losing interest in her. Her peak was 2019. She has a huge fandom but even on stan Twitter I don't see as much of her as few years ago. She's definitely capable of #1s because of her fandom but well her last song 34+35 flopped despite of promotion like remix with Doja and Meghan and two music videos :emma:

Next, Billie... well I think we all can agree :emma:

What about Nicki? :emma: Her dramas, she probably lost a lot of fans... :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

34+35 didn't flop. It peaked at number 2. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

• Love 1
On 10/14/2021 at 12:50 PM, Lil-Jay said:

Tbh his era in 2017 (don't know how to name it because I forgot but it's some math thing - + × ÷ idk🙈) was HUGE and I really felt his presence and relevancy, Shape Of You and Perfect were EVERYWHERE

But now? I don't have feeling that he has a new era at all, haven't heard his new songs anywhere, so it's kinda flop don't you agree?:nopingout_meme:

P.retty

E.ddie

M.errily 

D.ances

A.nd

S.ings

Mean Girls Math GIF by filmeditor

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block