Which mainstream artists are on their way to becoming a flop?

The older I get the more strange to me it becomes to speculate or argue the mainstream relevance of an artist rather than the quality of their music and performances. Like, as a consumer at this point I just want pop stars to release good songs and the numbers side of that I'll leave up to everyone else.

That being said, Miley Cyrus's plastic Hearts era and was some of the best music she'd EVER released and compared to how good the album was, the units moved could be indicative of her becoming a "flop".

• Love 7
12 hours ago, mythology said:

Our fave, but she's been flopping for over a decade now:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

The 3 Femme Fatale singles were played everywhere in 2011 and 2012 and now Criminal has become an even bigger hit than those 3. Scream and Shout was one of the biggest songs last decade, Work Bi*ch is her highest certified song last decade and has over 300 million views. 
You can call everything from Glory onwards a flop but she was still successful in the first half of the decade. Heck, even Pretty Girls was played everywhere.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

The 3 Femme Fatale singles were played everywhere in 2011 and 2012 and now Criminal has become an even bigger hit than those 3. Scream and Shout was one of the biggest songs last decade, Work Bi*ch is her highest certified song last decade and has over 300 million views. 
You can call everything from Glory onwards a flop but she was still successful in the first half of the decade. Heck, even Pretty Girls was played everywhere.

Work ***** was her last semi-hit, everything past that flopped.  Myah Jean and Glory flopped and you will deal:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, mythology said:

Work ***** was her last semi-hit, everything past that flopped.  Myah Jean and Glory flopped and you will deal:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Your hate won’t change numbers

work ***** have over 700m plays over all the platform with over 2.5 m digital plays! 
britney Jean album flopped 

glory was a great comeback after Britney Jean failed! But Make me is platinum so not a flop and glory is close to ~1m sales worldwode ..not a flop either

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, Popcornie said:

Pretty much everyone except for Taylor, Adele, The Weeknd. They will regress over time as everyone but dont see them flopping anytime soon. I think Billie will struggle in her next era and I dont think Dua Lipa has anything new to offer anymore. Olivia may do well or flop to oblivion. Lady Gaga has been over to me for like 5 years. Ariana will probably do numbers but her relevancy and quality is regressing. 

Adele will fade away soon! 
taylor will remain current! I see her as artist who will have huge sales in heyy 5 year like rihanna

Britney won’t get huge numbers but she will do something that will change face of pop music again as she didn’t with blackout . Unless she decides to promote the album like circus and then it will be bang

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Adele will fade away soon! 
taylor will remain current! I see her as artist who will have huge sales in heyy 5 year like rihanna

Britney won’t get huge numbers but she will do something that will change face of pop music again as she didn’t with blackout . Unless she decides to promote the album like circus and then it will be bang

lol sure fading away with 1.1M in 2 weeks in US alone. Delusional Taylor fan. Folklore’s most streamed song has 330m in more than one year meanwhile Easy On Me surpassed that in 6 weeks.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mihailtodorovsky said:

lol sure fading away with 1.1M in 2 weeks in US alone. Delusional Taylor fan. Folklore’s most streamed song has 330m in more than one year meanwhile Easy On Me surpassed that in 6 weeks.

Lol ! Taylor has 4 albums over 1m sales in first week, she is mistreated female artist of all time, highest grossing ..so Adele is no where near Taylor’s success

Lol ! Taylor has 4 albums over 1m sales in first week, she is mistreated female artist of all time, highest grossing ..so Adele is no where near Taylor’s success

Hahaha Are you f** kidding us? 21+25 outsold whole Taylor’s discography LOL folklore could aell 830k with the bundles after a week later billboard decided to not include them towards the sales. Imagine how much would sell folklore wintout bundles after 2 weeks lmao

• Love 1
  • Like 2
On 12/2/2021 at 12:49 AM, mythology said:

Work ***** is now eligible for 3x platinum in US with only 32% of her streaming coming from US, legitimately only Glory has been a flop BJ flopping and still was on the best selling albums on BB on the year end album chart it just shows industry is dying! These numbers if were in 2002 then flopping word wouldve made more sense.

Moreover, album sold 600k pure copies WW! Glory is the true definition of flop. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
On 12/2/2021 at 8:46 AM, Sourab Patodi said:

Adele already sold more albums than Taylor WW, sorry this is just the truth! Taylor will all pure sales - 60m max this is inflation I am giving it you and Adele 63 already! Adele is huge in Europe. 

3 hours ago, Prachi said:

Adele already sold more albums than Taylor WW, sorry this is just the truth! Taylor will all pure sales - 60m max this is inflation I am giving it you and Adele 63 already! Adele is huge in Europe. 

Over all Taylor Swift is way ahead of Adele. She has more number 1s, More Streams, More Youtube plays, and highest grossing tours. Taylor is bigger than Adele over all. 

- Taylor is a power house wjen it comes to singles and albums as well

- She have solid streaming record..onf of only few artist to cross 50Billion streams over all

- Her Tour already grossed over a billion dollars

• Love 1
On 12/2/2021 at 1:04 AM, mihailtodorovsky said:

Hahaha Are you f** kidding us? 21+25 outsold whole Taylor’s discography LOL folklore could aell 830k with the bundles after a week later billboard decided to not include them towards the sales. Imagine how much would sell folklore wintout bundles after 2 weeks lmao

Go back and check numbers again, with Streaming numbers 1989 is close to 20 million, so there is no way 21+25 can outsell TS entire discography..Also Fearless is Diamond certified in US 

- She is only artist except Rihanna who have crossed 50 billion streaming mark

- More than 3 singles elegible for diamond certification and 180 million+ RIIA certifications...Check numbers

Also dont even get me started on her tour numbers, she is clearly undisputed quuen rn. ONly Britney's comebeck can over shadow TS right now

Go back and check numbers again, with Streaming numbers 1989 is close to 20 million, so there is no way 21+25 can outsell TS entire discography..Also Fearless is Diamond certified in US 

- More than 3 singles elegible for diamond certification and 180 million+ RIIA certifications...Check numbers

Also dont even get me started on her tour numbers, she is clearly undisputed quuen rn. ONly Britney's comebeck can over shadow TS right now

Dude 21 is the most sold album since 1980's LOL it has sold more than 32 million copies. Don't be silly LMFAO 25 alone sold more than 22 million copies. More than 54M with just 2 albums. 

3 hours ago, Sourab Patodi said:

I am not here to fight, but there is no way of calculating WW SPS it doesn't work that way a lot of countries have not included streams still + most countries weigh paid streams more than free. 

1500 = 1 album sale doesn't equate WW. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block