Which mainstream artists are on their way to becoming a flop?

9 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

I think Niall has a lot of potential and I love the 'Flicker' album... Zayn is awesome, but his last releases are too weird... Louis has some great songs but the majority are not very interesting.... Liam has a few bops but he seems to be just jumping on trends.

Once Niall's first album came out,  I thought he was going to be the breakout star, but then the second album came out and completely tanked.  

Zayn is a narcissistic flop and I hope when they do reunite that he won't be a part of it.  Same with 5H - I hope they don't bring Camila back when they reunite.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, J45x said:

As an actor or celeb but I dont see his music career flying for a long run. Can people even mention one of his songs? Im sure I cant. lol 

Watermelon sugar maybe? I don't know many but this one was very popular. And I do see him being very relevant in the future.

In terms of veterans, Maroon 5 and Ciara are on their way to irrelevance. Katy Perry is basically on Nelly Furtado/Fergie territory already. Selena, Demi and Miley are going downhill, BIG TIME.

And as for current ones they're already mentioned... Unfortunately I have to agree Zayn is on decline. Same with Ariana, and maybe Taylor Swift. I think her big first week numbers won't be *that* big anymore.

But we can't count anybody out honestly. Who knows what could happen :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm: And as others mentioned, commercial success is not the only way for an artist to succeed. My favourite artists sell very poorly yet they're so legendary with timeless songs.

• Love 2

all (?) :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

i mean, it's the natural course of things... almost every artists eventually fade out into oblivion. Not many leave a strong impact in the industry.

Although if we dive into more specific cases I think these rising pop-stars in the era of tiktok and viral don't carve much space for a legacy. No hatred at all but I don't see Olivia Rodrigo (for example) becoming a long length artist. There's a lot of information, new things every single day, yearly trends... it's a rough time to assure anyone a long career i guess? :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:
  • Ed Sheeran
  • Camila Cabello
  • LaShawna Mendes
  • Nicki Minaj
  • Selena Gomez
  • Demi Lovato and their alien friends
  • Justin Timberlake
  • Justin Bieber
  • Lizzo
  • Miley Cyrus
  • Lil Nas X (the jury is still out....but I give him maybe 3-4 more years)
  • Megan Thee Stallion

Ed Sheeran is far from flop with his new music!

Demi Lovato is already a flop so doesn't count :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

• Haha 5
  • Like 3
21 minutes ago, LaLisaManoban said:

Ed Sheeran is far from flop with his new music!

Demi Lovato is already a flop so doesn't count :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

Tbh his era in 2017 (don't know how to name it because I forgot but it's some math thing - + × ÷ idk🙈) was HUGE and I really felt his presence and relevancy, Shape Of You and Perfect were EVERYWHERE

But now? I don't have feeling that he has a new era at all, haven't heard his new songs anywhere, so it's kinda flop don't you agree?:nopingout_meme:

21 hours ago, Lil-Jay said:

Tbh his era in 2017 (don't know how to name it because I forgot but it's some math thing - + × ÷ idk🙈) was HUGE and I really felt his presence and relevancy, Shape Of You and Perfect were EVERYWHERE

But now? I don't have feeling that he has a new era at all, haven't heard his new songs anywhere, so it's kinda flop don't you agree?:nopingout_meme:

"Bad habits" peaked at #2 on Hot 100 and #1 on the UK. Also, in my country this song has been playing nonstop.

"Shivers" peaked #11 on Hot 100 and is currently on #1 spot in UK for over a month.

So, no, I don't agree with you.

It is not as huge as his previous era but it's definitely not a flop! I wish Britney could "flop" like this

• Haha 3
  • Like 3

Excluding the ones who already flopped years ago before making small comebacks later on (Xtina, Gaga, Nicki, etc), I guess Billie would be the most obvious choice. Her new album didn't do that badly, but it was nowhere near as successful as her first one. Cardi's had a string of #1 hits for years, but there's always a chance that her next era could flop. Also Taylor in terms of singles since her last 2 #1 """"hits"""" literally collapsed after their debut. 

Adele definitely won't flop though. 30 might debut with less than 25's numbers, but it'll almost certainly sell at least 1 million in the US minimum first week. Y'all can bookmark me. :kisses_britney_kiss_blow_womanizer_love_circus:2008:

• Love 1
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, Yasux34 said:

Lady gaga has barely done **** with Chromatica......what a waste of a great album :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

2 hours ago, gapeach704 said:

The issue with Positions was it was too soon after TYN, had little promo before coming out, and had no live performances other than the vevo performances a few weeks ago. I think her next album will be better as long as it sounds nothing like this one 

:yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

then it wont be better lmaao

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Circuit said:

Off topic but I’ve always enjoyed the mediocrity of his music :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:

I used to stan Ed with his early albums, but this new music is trash.  The bad habits video was literally the walmart version of The Weeknd.  He's lost his way in my opinion.  I don't care if his "streams" are doing well, the music is lacking.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block