Katy Perry, Nas, Jason Derulo and more are investing in a new streaming platform

Jordan Miller

I mean, this is kinda great.  This IDEA will be a success in the long run due to the logistics behind it (and cryptocurrency becoming more widely acknowledged as a true potential to the dollar - I mean it has to) but this will not be nothing more than a leaping stone...which is necessary.  So it'll be interesting to see how this plays out and the marketing behind it.  

Artist lose so much money it's ridiculous.  This will help them keep more in their pocket and I can't complain about that if they're putting out the work and their fans are buying it.  No different than any job you or I have, except we dont have 1000 people behind us that also get some of the money (only taxes lol).

1 hour ago, Bigno said:

This is a terrible, terrible idea. I mean, almost as bad as Blockbuster not buying Netflix in the early two thousands. Haha! 

Isn't Jason Derulo the one who thought CATS would change the world? 

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/jason-derulo-cats-movie-rum-tum-tugger-review-tiktok-a9670386.html

It did… just not in the way he expected xD

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, THE_MIKY said:

So everything you have in apple music is not in Spotify?

No. The point was , what's the point of a new streaming platform without exclusive content , otherwise everyone is just gonna stay on Spotify ..... Tidal had exclusive content for a while but I guess not anymore.... 

2 hours ago, ExXL said:

No. The point was , what's the point of a new streaming platform without exclusive content , otherwise everyone is just gonna stay on Spotify ..... Tidal had exclusive content for a while but I guess not anymore.... 

Offer the same, at a better rate or with extra content so people leaves Spotify

Actually one of my biggest fears is that each record label company starts developing their own streaming platform to play their artists and we'll end up subscribing to 10 different music platforms to listen to our faves  :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

At the beginning we only had Netflix with content from different studios, but now you need to subscribe to HBO Max, Disney+, Paramount+, PeacockTV, Hulu, etc :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

On 9/16/2021 at 4:23 PM, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

But there's already Apple Music & Soundcloud premium :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

lol jk I agree with you, but man I love Spotify they just always get it right, I am happy to give them $10/monthly for their algorithms ... curious what would be different with this platform. I am sure if artists are investing it's going to have some sort of artist to consumer concept

I’m a student so I only pay 4 dollars and I get Hulu included 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block