Girls Aloud star Sarah Harding dies aged 39

Slayer

Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding, who had breast cancer, has died at the age of 39, her mother has said.

Harding announced in August 2020 that she had been diagnosed with the disease, which had spread to other parts of her body.

Her mother Marie announced the news on Instagram, describing her "beautiful" daughter as "a bright shining star".

Earlier this year Harding revealed doctors had told her she would not see another Christmas.

In a post next to a black and white image of Harding, her mother wrote: "It's with deep heartbreak that today I'm sharing the news that my beautiful daughter Sarah has sadly passed away.

"Many of you will know of Sarah's battle with cancer and that she fought so strongly from her diagnosis until her last day. She slipped away peacefully this morning.

"I'd like to thank everyone for their kind support over the past year.

"It meant the world to Sarah and it gave her great strength and comfort to know she was loved.

"I know she won't want to be remembered for her fight against this terrible disease - she was a bright shining star and I hope that's how she can be remembered instead."

R.I.P Sarah, a British Icon :(

• Love 9
  • Content Curators

Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding, who had breast cancer, has died at the age of 39, her mother has said.

Harding announced in August 2020 that she had been diagnosed with the disease, which had spread to other parts of her body.

Her mother Marie announced the news on Instagram, describing her "beautiful" daughter as "a bright, shining star".

Earlier this year Harding revealed doctors had told her she would not see another Christmas.7F46155D-A00E-4750-BF09-141DA71A61A6.jpeg.2d727fa7d6738b59ad4cd83763209b49.jpeg

In a post next to a black and white image of Harding, her mother wrote: "It's with deep heartbreak that today I'm sharing the news that my beautiful daughter Sarah has sadly passed away.

"Many of you will know of Sarah's battle with cancer and that she fought so strongly from her diagnosis until her last day. She slipped away peacefully this morning.

"I'd like to thank everyone for their kind support over the past year.

"It meant the world to Sarah and it gave her great strength and comfort to know she was loved.

"I know she won't want to be remembered for her fight against this terrible disease - she was a bright, shining star and I hope that's how she can be remembered instead."

Source: BBC

RIP Sarah.

Edited by Invitation
  • Love 5

I literally started shaking when I saw the news. I still can’t believe it. I was really hoping she would be able to beat her cancer diagnosis.

Sarah was such a star and had so much charisma on stage. She had the same birthday as me too, but what’s even more sad is she was meant to turn 40 this year.

RIP Sarah :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Isla said:

I literally started shaking when I saw the news. I still can’t believe it. I was really hoping she would be able to beat her cancer diagnosis.

Sarah was such a star and had so much charisma on stage. She had the same birthday as me too, but what’s even more sad is she was meant to turn 40 this year.

I was the same, Girls Aloud music means so much to me, such sad news. It’s also shocking how young she was, only a few weeks older than Brit :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Isla said:

I was the same, even though she said in her statement it was Stage 4 and terminal when she announced it last August 😪 My mum went the same way, and if that’s any consolation, they made comfortable to the point they aren’t aware, at the very end. Taken way too young. Rest in peace darling 💔

• Love 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block