Pop Girls That Changed Their Hair Color And... Sold Less Album Copies Because of That?

Lately I noticed that dependence. It seems like pop girls often experience their ''flop'' eras (at least they sell less copies than their previous albums) after changing their hair color. Image is everything so it can make some sense... Examples:

• Katy Perry - Witness

Katy Perry - Witness - Amazon.com Music

• Ariana Grande - Sweetener 

Ariana Grande - Sweetener - Amazon.com Music

• Britney Spears - Blackout

Blackout: Amazon.co.uk: CDs & Vinyl

• Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever 

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever - Amazon.com Music

Is it really about hair color that changes their image? Maybe, but who knows... let's discuss! 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Albums don't under perform cos of hair color change..

In what world or planet do you live on that Sweetener flopped..

Cos it didn't m it began her two year take over..

Happier than ever also didn't flop, 3 weeks at number one consecutively..

@Blackout2006

Someone needs to be dragged for thinking Billie flopped after all this is her natural hair color..

Can you stop being so negative in every thread? You can share your opinion without being shady, honey, it's not that hard :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Tell em :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Hide contents

Some fans do hate it, though but that doesn't make it a flop :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

Hide contents

TYN sold more, however. Right? :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

I'm not a big Sweetener fan but I thought the album sold well. But yes, Thank U Next felt like it was a bigger era in a way and did sell more.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, brit*****94 said:

You may be pushing 40, but you sound like a child. Calling a generation “soft” makes you look like the playground bully and shows more about you, if anything.

People that bully are the most insecure and unhappy people. I cant imagine being 40 and bullying people online as if they're in junior high. Ignore him. Not worth your energy. 

Also everyone, they said SOLD LESS. Never said FLOP. :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

People that bully are the most insecure and unhappy people. I cant imagine being 40 and bullying people online as if they're in junior high. Ignore him. Not worth your energy. 

Also everyone, they said SOLD LESS. Never said FLOP. :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

You’re absolutely right. Being 40 and putting others down to make yourself feel better..so unattractive.

Thanks sweetie. You’re a real one

• Love 1

Interesting question, US isn't as progressive as you think actually when Brit came with BOMT and Oops she alone sold more than 40M albums and both back to diamond in the US now when she came with 'Britney' album album sales declined by miles comparing to her from the other 2 because she changed her image. I won't consider Blackout here because she didn't do any press for this one and her first album which wasn't backed by a tour + her personal life so her selling less with this one is quite legit. Britney did much better WW and especially in European markets due to the acceptability towards evolving women. 

• Age, now we like it or not females sell on their global appeal (yes their is immense talent) but till the time you are young you sell I hate to say this but it's true. Now you can say Taylor is doing it - Taylor biggest market is US (more than 70% sales) and her image is very clean so teens love and support her so their parents hence the longevity she hasn't taken risks like Madge or Brit! 
  • Katy album was not even promoted to sell, plus Katy doesn't have a huge loyal fanbase like Taylor for ex to sell anything in the first place till the time she was giving hits she was loved and then flopped. 
  • Changing appearance can be a part of it because people don't like change with women, men can do but women cannot. 
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block