This Day in Pop: Taylor Swift releases 'Lover' album (Aug 23, 2019)

1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

The covers for the rerecordings go very well with the aesthetic Taylor established with folklore and evermore, which is probably the point. However, if she keeps going for the same indie, textless aesthetic, Lover is gonna look so out of place since she doesn't have to rerecord it. As tacky as Lover's cover is, it's my favorite album cover of hers, but changing it would probably be for the better once she's done with the rerecordings in 2033. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

I love Red TV's cover... but honestly, the one for Fearless TV wasn't my favorite thing :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

• Love 1
On 8/23/2021 at 11:32 AM, I Always Sing Live said:

God, I love this album. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Death By A Thousand Cuts might just be my favorite Taylor song of all time. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: False God shouldn't have come as a surprise considering the existence of Dress, but it totally caught me off guard. The sax is just chef's kiss:thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot: The pre-release singles were mediocre, and I Forgot That You Existed is a mess, but the rest of the songs are flawless. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: I'll never understand the hype arround Cruel Summer, though. Sure, it's a great song, but it's not the potential #1 single and Song of the Summer that everyone makes it out to be. In my opinion, it's the most overhyped Taylor song next to Getaway Car:byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

NO MA’AM CRUEL SUMMER IS A DAMN MASTERPIECE 

• Haha 2
20 hours ago, Adriannn said:

I'd love to see pop Taylor back too.

23 hours ago, princessmimi said:

I hope she makes another pop album as good as this one.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but once she's done re-recording her earlier albums (in 2033 like someone else said :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:), she will probably be ready to live her full-on cat lady dreams.  If a pop album is what you want....those days are over....unless you count the 1989 re-record

taylor swift cat GIF cat lady cats GIF

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, gapeach704 said:

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but once she's done re-recording her earlier albums (in 2033 like someone else said :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:), she will probably be ready to live her full-on cat lady dreams.  If a pop album is what you want....those days are over....unless you count the 1989 re-record

taylor swift cat GIF cat lady cats GIF

And how do u know?

Did Taylor say this specifically?

Even if she's with her cats, she always made music, so I dont see why she cant

Theres a lot of songs I like! CRUEl summer, Lover, The archer, Miss Americana, Daylight and London Boy (unpopular but it is A BOP and so fun). The album isnt a flawless collection of cohesive songs, its done more with her fans in mind i believe. Its not her best but its rly good and there are many good tracks. Sadly I believe Lover will be her forgotten era due to weak single choices and being sandwhiched between reputation and folklore which both were huge reinventions for Taylor and overall big pop culture moments. Lover was a 180 from reputation but idk i feel like it has a weaker legacy than her other records. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block