How did "3" Become a No. 1 Hit?

7 hours ago, DownAndUp said:

I don’t think anyone would remember I Wannna Go either though? Half of the people I speak to don’t even know the Femme Fatale era

well, on youtube IWG still receives more daily views than 3, which btw, 12 years later hasn't been able to hit the 100M mark. And on Spotify, according to the latest numbers from July, Criminal, TTWE and IWG received more streams than 3. 

Here in Latin America, the IWG video was still on rotation on TV channels as late as 2013, even after other videos had been released from her. Criminal was also very popular on VH1 until the end of 2011, but IWG lasted way longer, it was still getting played even when Work ***** had already come out. 

3 was somewhat popular too, but only until like mid 2010. 

• Content Curators

as someone who was just 7 years old in USA when this was released so I was very much gp, even more cause a kid at that time rlly only listened to the radio I can confirm 3 was a hit

even more then IUSA in my opinion

tbh I very clearly remember womanizer 3 and I wanna go, but I do remember all singles from circus and fft as well

the last radio hit song I remember from Britney was work ***** which got as much radio play from my remembrance as lets say IUSA? maybe a little less