Court rules Kelly Clarkson must pay ex-husband $200,000 per month in spousal & child support

• Leader

Furious for her.

Via The Blast: Kelly Clarkson has been ordered to pay ex-husband, Brandon Blackstock, $200,000 per month in spousal and child support.

According to legal documents obtained by The Blast, a Los Angeles County Court judge issued the order following arguments over issues related to the former couple’s property, children, and monthly income. In the filing, the former couple’s finances are listed out, including the revelation that ‘The Voice’ judge earns an astounding $1,583,617 per month in income.

Imagine having to give your ex $200K a month :hillary_clinton_mad_rant_yelling_telling_arguing_fighting:

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, thebritmaster said:

I think it’s fair! It’s what Kelly would get in the opposite situation. Spousal support is proportional to one’s salary and she is a high earner between the Voice and her talk show, which is why you would never owe your raggedy ex that amount :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Why should her ex be entitled to the lifestyle that SHE works for? I understand spousal support but they should prove why they’d need that much. It’s disgusting IMO. Is there a reason he can’t get a job?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

Why should her ex be entitled to the lifestyle that SHE works for? I understand spousal support but they should prove why they’d need that much. It’s disgusting IMO. Is there a reason he can’t get a job?

A spouse provides support for their other half as they pursue their career. That can be emotional or logistical support so they are entitled to maintain some of that lifestyle post divorce. It’s the same reason a stay at home mom/housewife would receive money if her high earning husband divorced her

• Love 6
Just now, thebritmaster said:

A spouse provides support for their other half as they pursue their career. That can be emotional or logistical support so they are entitled to maintain some of that lifestyle post divorce. It’s the same reason a stay at home mom/housewife would receive money if her high earning husband divorced her

I just think it’s wrong. Especially since I read she has sole custody too, like wtf?

If a kid has one parent who is immensely wealthy and able to spoil them then the child could resent the other parent for not being able to spoil them in the same way.

I’d like to think parents put their kids first and wouldn’t want to allow that sort of mindset for their child.

it’s amazing looking at this that k fed only get 50k now and we still trash him for it when it was evident on that live stream her kid did he shares a room with his brother because fed is not capable to give them the same as Britney.

also remember the kids need full security being famous kids a lot of that money is needed for the kids own protection.

it’s all stupid money we don’t have but it’s for the kids it’s the same even in our lower incomes come on now 

I’m a woman and even I can see it’s s**ist to expect a man to pay and not a woman when she makes so much more you would want the support of your wife made more for your kids. My boyfriend makes more than me if we had to share custody I hope he’d support me and not let me be a mother struggling to compete that’s not parenthood and it’s not healthy for a child they don’t see the world maturely 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block