Britney's 'I Don't Care' full performance on Star Search

24 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

She sounded like a professional broadway star in this.

She pretty much was, if I recall correctly, she was doing her performances as under the understudy study of the lead of Off-Broadway musical Ruthless around this time. 

Ironically, Britney played the understudy of the role of a young girl trying to tackle show business but it goes sinister (although, in a different way. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:)

• Love 4
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

She pretty much was, if I recall correctly, she was doing her performances as under the understudy study of the lead of Off-Broadway musical Ruthless around this time. 

Ironically, Britney played the understudy of the role of a young girl trying to tackle show business but it goes sinister (although, in a different way. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:)

I thought Ruthless was based off the film Bad Seed?

People always focus on her vocals (which are great), but what about her stage presence?! Her face expressions?! It's wild how talented she has always been. You can't keep your eyes off her, you're watching not only a good singer but one hell of a performer. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

Spoiler

Star Search was full of icons you guys! They always SERVED!

• Love 5
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Prachi said:

and yet people have the nerve of saying she can't sing - heck she got Jive deal by singing 'I will always love you' - shame on her team and management for making her sing in baby voice for such a long time :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

She can't really sing that good based on her live performances.  Her voice is just ok at best to be honest, even Britney admitted this during an interview.

Also her audition at Jive wasn't good.  There was an interview that stated she sounded terrible at some parts and her manager had to convince Jive to sign her and how they can s** up her image, etc.  It was quite creepy to be honest.

I wish she could still sing like this:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Prachi said:

and yet people have the nerve of saying she can't sing - heck she got Jive deal by singing 'I will always love you' - shame on her team and management for making her sing in baby voice for such a long time :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

She can’t sing anymore, let’s be honest. Her voice may be good for recording those chipmunky pop vocals in the studio, but that’s about it. She didn’t train her instrument for years, so I’m sure at this point whatever was left of her “original” singing voice is gone. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, mythology said:

She can't really sing that good based on her live performances.  Her voice is just ok at best to be honest, even Britney admitted this during an interview.

Also her audition at Jive wasn't good.  There was an interview that stated she sounded terrible at some parts and her manager had to convince Jive to sign her and how they can s** up her image, etc.  It was quite creepy to be honest.

I wish she could still sing like this:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

I agree, Britney was never an amazing singer like Christina etc - but she does have a very seductive voice, if you are forced to sing at a higher register your voice will be damaged, Ariana did a Britney act for baby one more time and she also stated the same thing. 

19 minutes ago, bbbsss said:

She can’t sing anymore, let’s be honest. Her voice may be good for recording those chipmunky pop vocals in the studio, but that’s about it. She didn’t train her instrument for years, so I’m sure at this point whatever was left of her “original” singing voice is gone. 

Of course it's gone, but Britney was never a amazing vocalist in the first place - she has a sedcutive voice, when you are forced to sung at a higher register for years of course your voice will be damaged, you listen to blackout being a musician I can surely tell you "It's britney *****" cannot sound the way Britney does if done by another singer - she always had the seduction for her deep voice, her register is not more than 3 octaves but yet she was forced to sing more than that years, anybody's singing will be damaged. 

3 hours ago, bbbsss said:

Did Glory with its deepvocalney moments not Happen?