Is Madonna Prepping a New Greatest Hits Album?

I’ve noticed Madonna has slowly been uploading her past singles to Spotify (remixes, etc.) and I noticed it has been 12 years since Celebration was released.  In a lot of her Instagram posts it looks like she is in the studio and her look has drastically changed since Madame X.

I know she is also prepping the release of the Madame X tour but I can’t help but wonder if she might release a greatest hits album with a few new singles as well.

Thoughts?

Related:

I'd love that!! I just wish she did something a little different, find a spin to the idea of a compilation, or make it special for hardcore fans or something, especially now when everything can be so easily accessible on the internet for free. Artists should relax and allow themselves to play with the idea of a compilation, or at least exploit one aspect of it: a theme, unreleased material... Besides, she has SUCH a huge catalogue that she has a big margin for that.

But what hits since her last GH "Celebration" has she released? :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

I mean apart from Girl Gone Wild and Living For Love, her singles didn't do thát well. Madame X even failled to produce a Billboard charter song.

Putting songs like Btch Im Madonna and Gimme all your Lovin on the same CD as Hung Up and Frozen should be considered a crime.

• Haha 3
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

But what hits since her last GH "Celebration" has she released? :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

I mean apart from Girl Gone Wild and Living For Love, her singles didn't do thát well. Madame X even failled to produce a Billboard charter song.

Putting songs like Btch Im Madonna and Gimme all your Lovin on the same CD as Hung Up and Frozen should be considered a crime.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Faz Gostoso should have been the first single from Madame X. WHAT was her team thinking?

I would prefer something like she did for her 2001 project, GHV2 Remixed (The Best Of 1991-2001). I love running to this mix. Really hard to find a copy of this now. 

9 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

She has two very iconic GH albums, we don’t need another one. We need a new world tour Madge. And a stadium one since a theater one is veeeery expensive for fans.

A Madonna stadium tour is veeeery expensive as well :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: but yaaas :matches:

I need a remix album, given how her 2 year post celebrating Madame X, reminded everybody she became the first artist to have 50 number one singles on an official Billboard chart, and a number one single on each decade in that chart. 

So 50 #1 remix hits from the club queen herself..

Madonna is never gonna be a hot 100 queen, I think she would have been fine. 

But her calling born this way reductive really did more damage, gaga's fan base declared war on her since then..

This is the case where it shows no matter what questions is sent by the fans, the media, sometimes refusing to answer is the safest bet, that way nobody gets hurt. 

The reductive comment actually really pissed people off, I think MDNA would have sold more, but her basically calling gaga a crude and simplified version of her, was nail on the coffin, even Britney never got that disrespect from Madge..

Asking for Madonna to be cheap.

The most expensive seat for rebel heart was 500 dollars for one seat from live nation..

Cheapest was 110.00

If people are calling Madame x expensive, they went by the cost of productions, staging. Her shows aren't cheap to make. 

It's an estimate between 250 million dollars to stage a Madonna tour, as her team always goes for groundbreaking technology like biggest screens, props, a revolving stage that changes during each act. 

Like she said, somebody has to pay my rent for a year while I tour since I'm not at home..

2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I need a remix album, given how her 2 year post celebrating Madame X, reminded everybody she became the first artist to have 50 number one singles on an official Billboard chart, and a number one single on each decade in that chart. 

So 50 #1 remix hits from the club queen herself..

Madonna is never gonna be a hot 100 queen, I think she would have been fine. 

But her calling born this way reductive really did more damage, gaga's fan base declared war on her since then..

This is the case where it shows no matter what questions is sent by the fans, the media, sometimes refusing to answer is the safest bet, that way nobody gets hurt. 

The reductive comment actually really pissed people off, I think MDNA would have sold more, but her basically calling gaga a crude and simplified version of her, was nail on the coffin, even Britney never got that disrespect from Madge..

I mean, not the smartest move but where are the lies :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

3 minutes ago, NastyT said:

Buttttt when was her last “hit?” No shade, just an honest question. 

Give me all your luvin' peaked at #10 in 2012. At age 53. 

I just feel everybody is saying her Music has aged badly from the subjects and the lyrics. 

And they basically said she only made it cos MTV shoved her down everybody's throats. Her scandals is what saved her career.  

They even said did anything age well from the 80s, the decade of anarchy and hating your parentals..

They even said this is why Mariah won, it was about talent in the 90s, and thanking God, but weird how most youth is atheist. 

I think she also hurt herself, her older fans wants to dance, not a political album, she forgot most of her fans generation X is actually conservative..

Most said there has to be someone to tell her instead of chasing life, quit alienating the fans that grew up with you..

#1 they hate rap and hip hop. 

#2 they want a solo Madonna album, most fans of veterans hate this..

#3 they want her to work with Patrick Leonard (True Blue, Like a Prayer). They cited it's not that the band thing, they use Janet and jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis as an example saying there's nothing wrong with working with a great producer who knows and brings out your best work..

They want politics out, it's a given there's this backlash now in pop Music and politics since it's one sided, and even country has gone liberal as well, so really with the one sided conservative is bad, they want politics out of music, stating the one sided narrative is enough and unlike 20 to 30 years ago, nobody cares what you think about politics.  Just make feel good music.

#5. They don't even want personal life like ex husbands and such. Nobody cares about that, cos that's one sided as well. 

#6. Just make happy pop Music, Is that too much to ask. If the world is doomed is all you can talk about then you might as well leave. 

#7. Most believed she should have retired and not given the kive nation offer in 2007..they felt Madonna should have left after confessions and had her team fought to use celebration as the final album instead of having warner demand hard candy. They could have paid a fee to remove that clause. 

Cos as one gay press revealed she and her team ruined her legacy by allowing her to call the shots, it's no wonder people won't work with her, would anybody work with someone if a producer can't have input and always gets told your just a producer, I'm the boss. 

43 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It's an estimate between 250 million dollars to stage a Madonna tour, as her team always goes for groundbreaking technology like biggest screens, props, a revolving stage that changes during each act. 

WHAT???????? No wayyy. I thought tours from big artists costed usually around $10-20M.

• Super Mods

But why though??

Dont get me wrong, I love Madonna but honestly she hasnt had a hit in years plus

it wont be any different than the first 2.

I feel like its just a money grab.

However if she does do it anyways, I hope she puts her song from the LAV album: Angel

cause that was actually a top 5 hit yet Madonna only sang it once and she seems to purposely

ignore it.

8 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

But why though??

Dont get me wrong, I love Madonna but honestly she hasnt had a hit in years plus

it wont be any different than the first 2.

I feel like its just a money grab.

However if she does do it anyways, I hope she puts her song from the LAV album: Angel

cause that was actually a top 5 hit yet Madonna only sang it once and she seems to purposely

ignore it.

Many fans felt the 2 CD celebration should have been the standard edition, and a 3rd cd should have been the deluxe edition, since there was so much 80s and 90s and 00s that was skipped like This used to be my playground, Angel, Gambler, Causing a commotion, True Blue, Keeo it together, Oh Father, Human Nature, Bedtime Story, The Power of Good-Bye, American Pie, American Life, Nothing Fails and others (American life was a hit internationally and the singles was successfully where the war on Iraq wasn't supported at all). 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block