Ellen to end her talk show after 19 years, three years earlier than the contract renewal signed back in 2018..

ellen-show.jpg.f68a0ad3935ed537168bc0b6a99cfd96.jpg

In 2003, The ellen show premiered became the hot spot for celebs to promote and gab..

The show followed its sister shows.

The Rosie o' Donnell show 1996-2002 and the one season spin off The Caroline Rhea show, hosted by Sabrina' s Aunt hilda herself, that was cancelled and thanks to finding Nemo which resurrected Ellen's career NBC offered the show to Ellen which she has hosted since 2003. 

Unfortunately in 2020 a huge scandal was revealed that Ellen treated her employees badly, basically ruined her image and unfortunately the shows ratings basically didn't recover.  

The series ends 3 years earlier of the 2024 renewal end, obviously Warner and NBC will give Ellen a big paycheck due to the early ending. 

The 2018 renewal was for 8 seasons is rumored to be around the 250 million ball park, so it's a big severance pay for Ellen.

She claimed the cancellation had nothing to do with the rumors in her interview. She said it's simply not a challenge anymore to her. 'It was very hurtful to me. I mean, very. But if I was quitting the show because of that, I wouldn’t have come back this season. So, it’s not why I’m stopping but it was hard because I was sitting at home, it was summer, and I see a story that people have to chew gum before they talk to me and I’m like, “Okay, this is hilarious.” Then I see another story of some other ridiculous thing and then it just didn’t stop. And I wasn’t working, so I had no platform, and I didn’t want to address it on [Twitter] and I thought if I just don’t address it, it’s going to go away because it was all so stupid.'

She stated that the previous stories were stupid and ridiculous.

• Love 1

I hate when people only talk about how her staff was mistreated and the toxic working environment. The most important thing to me is that several people have called her out for being a horrible human being and that she’s really rude to her guests (which we’ve seen on camera). 

I feel like her goal was to surpass Oprah’s show in terms of length. I’m kinda glad she won’t reach that milestone. She doesn’t deserve it.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block