Lady Gaga breaks Guinness World Record for being the first female artist to achieve four 10-million-selling singles

10 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

If she was as famous and as successful as she was in the first 3 years of her career for the rest of her life, she’d have surpassed Madonna by now. 

This. She would have pretty much surpassed Britney as well if she was more consistent with her success.

OT: That is amazing to hear :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer: I really wish she could go back to making music with RedOne :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Stefani said:

Strange because I could've sworn that Katy had at least 6 singles with other 10 million sales? :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure: At least that's what the remaining 8 Katy Kats told me. 

Congrats though. Kinda happy that BTW isn't among those songs.

This also confused me since I haven't seen any RIAA certification update for Shallow (correct me if I'm wrong). Btw, here are Katy's singles that are eligible for diamond certification:

E.T.
California Gurls

And nearly 10 million units in the US:

Hot N Cold
I Kissed A Girl
Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)

Regardless, go girl power! Let's end Justin Bimber's sales. :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

Spoiler

I am one of the 8 withstanding KatyCats, we're really rare and you're mean. :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Lex993 said:

They’re saying shallow sold ten million copies worldwide and I don’t believe that because it’s obvious they’re using streams which if they are means that other women would also have several 10 million + singles. 

Would Shallow selling 10 million digital copies worldwide (i.e. not counting streams) really be out of the realm of possibility, though? Because I remember the song topping iTunes for what seemed like ages in the US - to emphasize, Shallow spent 10 weeks at the top of the Digital Songs chart in the US, longer than any other Gaga song. And it was even more popular internationally, so it wouldn't surprise me if it really did sell 10 million pure. 

Also why are some of y'all shading Shallow's success by saying that it was only successful because of ASIB as if that's worthy of a drag? I mean yeah it had a hit movie helping it, just like Just Dance, Poker Face, and Bad Romance had hit albums supporting them. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Stefani said:

Would Shallow selling 10 million digital copies worldwide (i.e. not counting streams) really be out of the realm of possibility, though? Because I remember the song topping iTunes for what seemed like ages in the US - to emphasize, Shallow spent 10 weeks at the top of the Digital Songs chart in the US, longer than any other Gaga song. And it was even more popular internationally, so it wouldn't surprise me if it really did sell 10 million pure. 

Also why are some of y'all shading Shallow's success by saying that it was only successful because of ASIB as if that's worthy of a drag? I mean yeah it had a hit movie helping it, just like Just Dance, Poker Face, and Bad Romance had hit albums supporting them. 

Sales aren’t what they use to be though. BTS song was on top of the iTunes chart for months and I don’t think it sold 1 million physical copies yet in the states (I could be very much wrong). My point is if they’re using streams that’s disingenuous as there are plenty of other artists who probably have four ten million selling singles as well.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block