Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, dies aged 99

The royal family has just announced the death of Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth's husband, at the age of 99. Rest in peace.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/britains-prince-philip-dies-age-99/story?id=53949231

"It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh," Buckingham Palace said in a statement Friday. "His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle. Further announcements will be made in due course. The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss."

I’m Aussie, not the biggest royalist but this is a loss.

It’s such a sad day for the UK, Australia and the rest of the commonwealth . Monarchy may not fit in most places today but even I cannot deny the overall impact on our lives he’s had and on pop culture, I’m sure many would be surprised to know just how integral a role he played to his  wife, his nation, commonwealth and world. RIP

The longest reigning consort in history and a man for the ages.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block