Britney & Marilyn

Mgmgmgmg

Many of you will remember Britney's Instagram post from 2019, a painting of her and Marilyn with the caption "Sisters - such sweet innocent hearts".

I'm sure many of us have thought about the similarities between she and Marilyn over the years, a few being:

- Both blonde bombshells (obvious)

- Most famous and photographed (+googled) women of their times

- Hounded and criticized by the media and paparazzi

- Two major/publicized "unsuccessful" marriages

- Complicated or nonexistent relationships with fathers

Did you know that Britney and Marilyn are also technically 9th cousins? Source

Do you think Britney also thinks of these similarities between them and sees herself in Marilyn?

Would Marilyn be in a similar situation as Britney if she had been alive today?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! Call me crazy but I genuinely do feel a spiritual similarity between Britney and Marilyn, something that runs far deeper than just similarity in appearance. Marilyn had the same kind of magnetism as Britney. Even the way they smile and laugh... it's enough to send chills down my spine. I think it's this aura of openness and vulnerability and, knowing how Marilyn's life played out and how Britney's is right now, the ominous feeling of tragedy ):

Yes!! That's why I love both of them, Marilyn is my 2nd love alongside Britney, and actually "discovered"/fell in love with her/started stanning her even before Britney, back in 2009 (Britney in 2013)

It seems I stan them both is because of that similar spirit, kindness, vulnerability, aura that shines through them, ofc they both are really pretty, blondes, with beautiful smiles that remind me of sunshine 

Also both are HUGE celebrities and iconic and no one can ever replace them. Often duplicated but never replaced:katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

1 hour ago, Lil-Jay said:

Yes!! That's why I love both of them, Marilyn is my 2nd love alongside Britney, and actually "discovered"/fell in love with her/started stanning her even before Britney, back in 2009 (Britney in 2013)

It seems I stan them both is because of that similar spirit, kindness, vulnerability, aura that shines through them, ofc they both are really pretty, blondes, with beautiful smiles that remind me of sunshine 

Also both are HUGE celebrities and iconic and no one can ever replace them. Often duplicated but never replaced:katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

Same here with the interest-

Especially over the last year I've been really interested in Marilyn. Watching the old movies, and reading Marilyn Monroe: The Private Life of a Public Icon. Are there any books/documentaries you recommend?

Same, same. The similarites are almost crazy, looks wise (especially in 2000 and 2008 for Britney, but always though): the eyes, smile, eyebrows; the laughter with the head tilt, the soft-spokenness, their love for children, their humour and open feminity. I used to think it was just me, but since then I found out it's not and I'm happy, because they are legends and deserve all the love they didn't get before. It is not too latee for a happy ending to Britney

Archived