Britney's Ex-Manager Johnny Wright talks Britney & her dad in new Podcast

Music manager Johnny Wright calls the Jim Colbert Show and talks about Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears & his experience with Britney's dad.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1248-jim-colbert-show-the-good-47445920/episode/jcs-interview-music-manager-johnny-wright-77724867/

" things happen around certain people. sometimes other people around the artist dont want them to know the truth, only tell them what they want them to hear cause it's a means of control. For me, there was something happening in this situation where I felt that I needed to tell the truth and it caused me to get pulled out of the situation. when i started see things happening and tried to reach out, but everybody around her was afraid to connect me to her because other people had jobs they did not want to loose. ill just say, when i first started with britney, certain people told me, do not let the father involve because he doesnt have good intentions for britney" and then he said to me one day "thats my baby girl, im entrusting you to take care of her as if you were her father" i believed he had nothing but good intentions for her...(....) he was who came in and saved her. unfortunately i havent in years actually been able to speak to her."

it started off good, but then he followed the narrative of how good Jamie has been for Britney and saved her life...:// which is obviously a narrative a certain team wants to push.

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

I’ve always said Johnny was the only one around Britney that had her best interest at heart. He spoke so highly of her from day one and only wanted the best for her. 

it's so funny to think he is still JTs manager, i wonder what they talk in private especially now after the docu...

• Like 6

Thank you! 
Yeah this saviour narrative is still around. It’s gonna be a shock to those people like Johnny when they realise that saviour was a complete take over for a hybrid business and Britney was silenced. 

It’s also not surprising he has not spoken to her in years. I’m sure if he could his opinion would be different. 

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

My theory is Larry has a lot to do with cutting Johnny out.  The Justin breakup made it easier as well. But it wouldn’t surprise me

that permanently separating Johnny and Justin from Britney made it easy sailing for Larry and Jamie in the long run. Both of them had influence on Britney.

Also I remember reading there might be a contract that stops Justin and Britney from being in the same room and area. Britney’s recent testimony makes this have a different spin now too. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Forever222 said:

My theory is Larry has a lot to do with cutting Johnny out.  The Justin breakup made it easier as well. But it wouldn’t surprise me

that permanently separating Johnny and Justin from Britney made it easy sailing for Larry and Jamie in the long run. Both of them had influence on Britney.

Also I remember reading there might be a contract that stops Justin and Britney from being in the same room and area. Britney’s recent testimony makes this have a different spin now too. 

Johnny was out because of the Cry Me a River situation. Britney made the call. The timeline matches.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Johnny was out because of the Cry Me a River situation. Britney made the call. The timeline matches.

Of course. He broke her trust. That ended it for her 100%. 

I just think Larry knows how to gas up the situation a lot more and he knows how to isolate/ manipulate Britney far worse. 

• Love 1
  • 4 months later...
On 3/17/2021 at 5:01 AM, DuranDuran said:

In 2009, Johnny had a slightly different opinion, and that was when James already took the reins in his hands

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/arid-30394255.html

So, Johnny,  did he really save her or did he set her up in order to look like her savior? ... that is the question...

Wow, I never read that quote from Johnny Wright. Don't have an answer to your question but I think what he said is 100% accurate. The Britney machine was not what she needed, and he's correct in comparing her to Madonna. Madonna is constantly hungry. Britney was probably convinced this would be good for her and since that's literally all she's known she worked this JOB because she thought it was her only option. I mean, I really feel since 2009 her career has just been a job for her to dial in and bring in financial resources for people, NOT for her to bring her artistic expression into the world. This is what Johnny was saying and he was 100% correct. 

I'm curious to see if Britney reaches out to him now. I mean, she needs to eventually get a whole new team around her -- I am sure she already has so many interview requests, scripts being sent in, etc. Not saying she should or needs to work, but that won't stop work opportunities from coming. Who is handling her business affairs? And also wow... No congratulations from Larry about her conservatorship ending hmm...  her "second father figure" 

• Like 2

How can he sit there and say Jamie saved her life?  I hate when people say that.  What REAL evidence do we have that Britney was on the path to death and needed anything more than guidance, structure, and SUPPORT.  Taking her freedoms and liberties from her didn’t save her and certainly didn’t teach her any real life lessons…they punished her.   The only thing I saw dangerous and potentially life-threatening with Britney was the driving…because of the paparazzi and her, allegedly, not being a great driver.  There has never been a single piece of evidence to her being suicidal or even an allegation that she was…no concrete facts about any addiction she may or may not have had…so how did James save her life?  He got it “back on track” and by that, I mean he got her life back in the track HE wanted it to be on, not her.  So Johnny just lost any amount of respect I had for him by playing the “Jamie is a good guy” card.

• Like 4