Britney in 2016: “I like my thirties way more than my twenties; my twenties were horrible”

Nickey

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2016/09/britney-spears-twenties-horrible

On Thursday, Spears discussed her past with TV host Dan Wootton. “I like my thirties way more than my twenties; my twenties were horrible,” Spears said. “[Being] in my teens was fun, but I like my thirties . . . My thirties are great. You know who you really are.”

There was a video I think, but I can't find it.

Her words sound a bit weird now, knowing that we're aware of how cruel the c-ship was for her all these years.

How could her 30s be better for her when she's literally a prisoner? Do you think she had to lie or...? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

I'm not sure. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think about this quote of hers all the time... I think it's her insecurity talking because I really think the c-ship took the confidence from her. She doesn't seem to challenge herself, on a personal level (but then again, we know so little...) or allow herself to be fearless, you know? It's the same kind of thing she says when someone mentions the Slave performance or when she talked about the outfits on the Onyx Tour: it's like she is embarassed.

It's strange in hindsight considering what we know now but maybe Britney really does feel that way since (like a lot of us) our 20s are generally like a continuation of your late teens where you don't really know who you are or where you are going in life and at the time she did seem to be in a really good place personally & professionally

13 minutes ago, Britneylandia said:

I mean she was 26 in 2007 and 29 during Femme Fatale, her late 20’s were horrible and around 2013 she started to be herself again a little bit, so I can see what she means.

She also broke up with Justin a few months after her 20th birthday. She spent 22-24 married to Kevin and 25 going through ‘07. Her quote makes complete sense.

23 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

She also broke up with Justin a few months after her 20th birthday. She spent 22-24 married to Kevin and 25 going through ‘07. Her quote makes complete sense.

right lmao it's not that deep 

I see what you mean @Nickey but she also got into the conservatorship during her mid 20s. She's been able to have her fans come see her for half of the decade, she doesn't have to care about televised performances anymore, she has a hot af boyfriend, and the world isn't tearing her apart anymore.

5 minutes ago, Slayer said:

This is the interview:

Britney is very professional guys, she’s just playing it up for the cameras, but she’s just speaking vaguely. 

britney could shouted FREE ME many times over the years when she had talking moments on stage but she didn’t 

Also let’s not act like her interviews aren’t planned I’m certain they coach her on what to say considering all the questions are approved by team con 

36 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Yeah even though she was a prisoner the world didn’t know that yet

shes just speaking on what people already  know about her if that makes sense

Also I think Vegas was really good for Britney, it was like the calm before the storm. 

britney was able to work , rake in millions, but also be surrounded by a family of friends every few nights and go out for dinners and stuff.

but it still wasn’t right but Britney had no choice she just made due with the situation as always and at least she was happy during these years 

something happened Soon after this tho that woke Britney the F**ck up, and made her realize everything around wasn’t real or normal 

As FBS pointed out, she was also held prisoner by the paparazzi from very early on. Like both situations are awful but I can understand why she would say it, especially as at that point she was seeing her kids more. Her view of the “good parts” in her 20s is also probably very different from ours, in that the ones we remember could blur together for her (a comment on fame in general, not necessarily anything more sinister). 

2 hours ago, Britneylandia said:

I mean she was 26 in 2007 and 29 during Femme Fatale, her late 20’s were horrible and around 2013 she started to be herself again a little bit, so I can see what she means.

Pretty much this. I mean she probably doesn't want to be reminded of all the **** she had to go through during her breakdown, which was in her 20s. 

I don't see any lies, I remember her insta and see how happy she was/is on 2014-2018:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: She found balance between her career (Vegas) and her family, and her boyfriends were ok, her life was more stable. Don't forget she's been in the cship for more than a decade, at the end she got used to and moved on.

7 hours ago, Slayer said:

This is the interview:

What I admire about her, is her faith in God, and the fact that she is grateful for her life, even though its been exceptionally hard, people think that having money makes things easier, but in her case money/fame got her more trouble, but she still is grateful, amazing Lady

2 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

20s suck. 30s you’re wiser and way more mature. You really have a sense of who you are and what you want in life. Just because she was in a cship doesn’t mean that she didn’t grow up at all. Everyone says 30s and 40s are prime. 

I agree, I am loving my 30s, feel more confident, fewer things make me self-conscious 

14 minutes ago, reVolution said:

I agree, I am loving my 30s, feel more confident, fewer things make me self-conscious 

It’s just a part of growing up. 30s and 40s are much more secure years and you’re still young enough before health issues start happening and your looks age drastically. You think you know it all in your 20s lmao. 
Sometimes on exhale I wonder if it’s a younger kid commenting in their early 20s or just a creep my age. I’m literally 30 but I started maturing like crazy by 27. Everything just cliques more later on. 

Archived