Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head to be renamed "Potato Head" for more gender-neutral rebrand

Invitation

• Content Curators

Toymaker Hasbro made the announcement on Tuesday, to remove "Mr." and "Mrs." from the iconic toy's name.

They state the brand is being reimagined for the modern customer. Other toy companies have also done similar things, breaking traditional gender norms with their branding.

"Hasbro is making sure all feel welcome in the Potato Head world by officially dropping the Mr from the Mr Potato Head brand name and logo to promote gender equality and inclusion," Hasbro said.

The toy can be assembled with different body parts and clothes, so it gives the children more freedom to play with.

But the company stated Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head will still be available for purchase.

I personally think it's a cool and fun change._117305200_065593587-1.thumb.jpg.e363c23b07cfafa37886ac6d760ef605.jpg_117305200_065593587-1.thumb.jpg.e363c23b07cfafa37886ac6d760ef605.jpg

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

People look to get offended by everything these days.

People feel offended because they don't feel included = Name Change

People feel offended because what they are familiar with is changing = Mr & Mrs still available.

It's ALL so stupid and people just need to get the over themselves.

Exactly. People just do way too much these days :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

• Love 4
2 hours ago, FrenchToast said:

What's the next step? Removing names and gender from our ID's because it is discriminating?
Will they change Barbie's name?

Why don't we give ourselves numbers, instead of names.... like cyborgs ?

I actually think they will remove gender from ID soon tbh. That's what I've heard from people who work at the hospital. 

I also read an article that they will start calling 'breast milk' or 'breast fed' to 'human milk' and 'human fed' 

• Haha 4
37 minutes ago, MX3 said:

I actually think they will remove gender from ID soon tbh. That's what I've heard from people who work at the hospital. 

I also read an article that they will start calling 'breast milk' or 'breast fed' to 'human milk' and 'human fed' 

Really? I am ok with change and evolution, but this it is almost like redefining humankind. I don't know what to think about that.

For example, gender on the IT's is not linked at how people feel inside. That only reports a genetic fact IMO. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

But like...why even get offended by a toy in the first place? :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

Specially a toy should be inclusive so all children feel represented and not excluded.

Imagine having the Hetero***ual Something, this would shock people because the *******uality is more accepted and there is more knowledge about it. But gender is a massive debate and I think it is important the education comes from an early age, for future respect and acceptance.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Invitation said:

Toymaker Hasbro made the announcement on Tuesday, to remove "Mr." and "Mrs." from the iconic toy's name.

They state the brand is being reimagined for the modern customer. Other toy companies have also done similar things, breaking traditional gender norms with their branding.

"Hasbro is making sure all feel welcome in the Potato Head world by officially dropping the Mr from the Mr Potato Head brand name and logo to promote gender equality and inclusion," Hasbro said.

The toy can be assembled with different body parts and clothes, so it gives the children more freedom to play with.

But the company stated Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head will still be available for purchase.

I personally think it's a cool and fun change._117305200_065593587-1.thumb.jpg.e363c23b07cfafa37886ac6d760ef605.jpg_117305200_065593587-1.thumb.jpg.e363c23b07cfafa37886ac6d760ef605.jpg

I’m afraid of what’s coming next...

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block