Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head to be renamed "Potato Head" for more gender-neutral rebrand

Invitation

• Content Curators
43 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

This is the most confusing statement I've ever read. :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

"Toymaker Hasbro made the announcement on Tuesday, to remove "Mr." and "Mrs." from the iconic toy's name."

"MR. & MRS. POTATO HEAD aren’t going anywhere and will remain MR. & MRS. POTATO HEAD"

tenor.gif

They backtracked on Thursday, I assume due to the reactions.

3 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Couldn't they have just made gender-neutral additional modern accessories to go with the original? This shouldn't even be an "announcement". At this point it feels like they are trying to gaslight the public into arguments with meaningless things like this. 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 this right here

• Like 2

I don't understand why they would change the name of the brand. Like, I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about the brand's original name; if anyone was mad about it they'd probably be some unknown niche group that dwells in the bowels of Tumblr or Twitter, but I can't imagine why a brand that's been around for 70 years would cater to them? Like what is the point of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars rebranding just to appease an extreme minority of people on the internet? 

At least when Aunt Jemima decided to change their name it was because of the Floyd riots and general racial tension in the US last summer, so it was kind of understandable, but this is just stupid.

This is ridiculous. Sorry. Absolute garbage. Are you kidding me? What is wrong with a little tradition. As someone who is open minded to exploring my ***uality, I find this stupid. I grew up with Mr and Mrs potato Head, and that's how they should be remembered. Did they ask Mr and Mrs Potato Head if they don't want to be pronounced as Mr and Mrs? WTF! If anything I believe this harms and does damage to the LGBTQ community. It does not show diversity. Why should someone feel the need to conform to something just to make other people feel welcome? Isn't that what diverse groups say? Don't change us, just accept us? So why can't we accept Mr and Mrs Potato Head? Utter garbage. I'm going to tweet them and hashtag #boycott Hasbro. This isn't equality anymore. Soon it's going to be racist to be str8 LOL!!!!

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

LMAO, America never stops to amaze and amuse me, I can't believe how they can't see how they are creating a new brand of racists and anti-lgbt people with this stupid measures...

"Wokeness" started as something good but at this point it's becoming a problem, what's the ending point? Trying to control actions, words, thoughs of people under their moral compasses? They even deny the chance to let people learn, seems like it's more important ruin peoples life than trying to teach them "what it's wrong".

Anyway, congrats to Coca-Cola with their "Be less white" and Hasbro for your "Gender Neutral" potato whatever-that-thing-is.

And remember, be proud of be black, white, asian, latin, gay, straight, trans, fat, slim, stupid, smart, or whatever label you need to use to have a personality, just love yourself... your features doesn't matter anyway, at the end we all will die and become bones (or ashes) and nothing else matters, just be a good person.

Spoiler

:yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

• Like 3

This is the kind of stuff that get people off board progressive agendas.. its almost like this stuff is invented by right wing people. 

stop with this gender neutral nonsense, only 0,000005% of the population does not identify with their body gender so sorry but we’re not supposed to start saying person with ******* instead of women to prevent a handful of people feeling offended!

im glad im not a teen in this time and age because these ******s eat this **** up without raising an eyebrow

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block