Trademarking "Free Britney" (New BreatheHeavy Video!)

• Leader
On 2/20/2021 at 1:24 AM, davidspears said:

Jordan, do you work out before you do a video or do you arms just look like that anyway?

:gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised:

Haha I did actually train before filming this video, but I workout almost every day in the mornings regardless 😂 I love working out in the am then getting back to work, whether that's on BH, Invision Community or filming videos. I feel so much more clear headed and focused. 

• Like 1
  • Leader
On 2/19/2021 at 5:58 PM, britbratt12 said:

Learned something new about trade marks what do you know. You should make a series what’s stressing Jordan lol I never thought about trade marketing free Britney and makes sense she would have those rights already. I would definitely say you coined the term free Britney though... 

:wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

TBH I'm surprised with the reaction to this video. I thought I was going to be dragged. I think if I had kept his identity in the video then I would have. Glad I decided to take that part out to leave him relatively anonymous. It didn't feel right otherwise. 

• Love 1
  • Leader
22 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Glad you made a video about this @Jordan Miller

Interesting that your source/lawyer friend made a prediction that the application would be rejected. I just checked, and although the current status is "application has been accepted", it has in fact on further inspection been outright rejected (according to letters sent to the registrant, which they can appeal...good luck with that) on a number of grounds, namely:

1. Registration is refused because...the applied-for mark consists of or includes matter that may falsely suggest a connection with BRTINEY SPEARS. Although BRITNEY SPEARS is not connected with the goods provided by applicant under the applied-for mark, BRITNEY is so well-known that consumers would presume a connection

2. Registration is refused because...the FREE BRITNEY movement is famous as a social media movement that’s aim is to “FREE” BRITNEY from the legally binding conservatorship she is currently under and conveys support in the movement. 

Basically, #FreeBritney is a movement, not a product or service that cannot be profited off, let alone trademarked. Period.

Good to know some peops are doing their job!

+1 for this comment :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

• Love 1

On Instagram "Britneyspearschronology" is selling freebritney merch and I'm honestly so disgusted. They turned off comments so people couldn't ask where the profits were going. If someone wants to sell freebritney merch and donate 100% of the profits to conservatorship abuse awareness id be all for it, but turning off comments because they're obviously profiting off Britney's situation is truly despicable. 

On 2/20/2021 at 8:23 PM, kleinbritney said:

In the worst case, Jamie could shut down all media using "FreeBritney" including the documentary.

"Friday for Future" is a climate movement and a brand that is protected worldwidest.

The sports car Porsche 911 is only called "911" because all 3-digit numbers with a 0 in the middle are protected as a trademark by the car manufacturer Peugeot.

..................So you don't see everything as clearly and simply as you think.  Patent law is a very complex law and usually ends in court

Here we go!

Take it up with the official Trademark officers. They are the ones who rejected the trademark on the grounds mentioned/quoted. Not me.

Friday for Future doesn't contain the name Britney (or any famous person's name) - which cannot be profited off. I believe Friday for Future is also an non profit organisation now, (which started as a movement) so of course there is grounds for trademarking.

What has Porsche 911 got to do with Free Britney, a social media movement?

On 2/21/2021 at 6:07 PM, Jordan Miller said:

:wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

TBH I'm surprised with the reaction to this video. I thought I was going to be dragged. I think if I had kept his identity in the video then I would have. Glad I decided to take that part out to leave him relatively anonymous. It didn't feel right otherwise. 

You did the right thing Jordan.

All's well that ends well!