Trademarking "Free Britney" (New BreatheHeavy Video!)

• Leader

Hey Exhale, a few weeks ago it came to my attention that a fan filed to trademark the term "Free Britney." 

I actually wasn't sure how to feel about that. My gut tells me that no one should own it or have rights to it, but at the same time the logic - protect the term from falling in the wrong hands - also made some sense. 

I made a video about it. I reached out to the fan to get their perspective and reasoning as to why they are trying to obtain the trademark. I also spoke with an attorney who specializes in trademarks to see what their thoughts were.

In my video, I am protecting the fan's identity because I have experienced a huge wave of negative comments these last two weeks and want to shield them from that potentially happening to them. Or this could backfire and I receive more negative comments I really don't know anymore heh. 

This video is not trying to shade or out them for any wrongdoing, rather it's a discussion on trademarking an entire movement and what the implications are of that.

Let me know what you think! And of course any engagement on the actual video itself would be greatly appreciated 🙏   

Related:

trademark.jpg.2a6fb4b9c203f1cb79531579fd23f4cc.jpg

• Love 6
  • Like 2
46 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

In my video, I am protecting the fan's identity because I have experienced a huge wave of negative comments these last two weeks and want to shield them from that potentially happening to them.trademark.jpg.2a6fb4b9c203f1cb79531579fd23f4cc.jpg

Yeah, but it's for very obvious reasons you've been getting these type of comments. :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Nah I don't agree. I definitely made a mistake about the Satisfying rollout, but I don't think anyone deserves to have literally hundreds of comments tearing them down. 

Sorry to hear you went through that and you’re right it probably hurts to be torn down by 100s of comments! I felt that way the other day when trolls in this forum were doing that to Britney in that awful surgery thread! She was torn apart in regards to her looks so it is sad that people do come in droves to tackle someone down! Hope you feel better man! ❤️

23 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

Our country is far from disgusting the USA is one of the best countries in the world! Of course no one nor no country is perfect, but we do more good than bad in our country! We help out a ton of other countries and have the most freedom!

Lol you do know the USA isn’t even in the top 10 ranking by HFI for Global Measurement of Personal, Civil, and Economic Freedom?

I wouldn’t call the USA disgusting though 

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, Peter Pan said:

Lol you do know the USA isn’t even in the top 10 ranking by HFI for Global Measurement of Personal, Civil, and Economic Freedom?

I wouldn’t call the USA disgusting though 

I’d rather live in this country than in any other country! I won’t be attacking other countries nor calling other countries disgusting! USA forever!!!

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

I’d rather live in this country than in any other country! I won’t be attacking other countries nor calling other countries disgusting! USA forever!!!

Well, let me put it like that: Almost every country has their pros and cons. 

I do think (from what i've seen so far, from the outside) the USA is alright, but the health care system is a big no no for me. 

But i don't say any country is perfect, so... 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

Well, let me put it like that: Almost every country has their pros and cons. 

I do think (from what i've seen so far, from the outside) the USA is alright, but the health care system is a big no no for me. 

But i don't say any country is perfect, so... 

that’s true we do have to pay a lot in health care compared to other countries