Watch the trailer for the New York Times' new documentary special "Framing Britney Spears"

10 hours ago, DuranDuran said:

Sorry for meddling... I don't know if did she abuse ***** or not.

But the sources of these statements are very dubious, they are known for their venality... like TMZ, dailymail... As well as Lutfi and Adnan, they pursued their own goals, and it is unlikely that 'helping Britney' was among these goals.

Plus, the more respected sources did not speak about it in such an affirmative manner.

And since I think there were many players and most of them tried to set her up for quite some time, so I really have strong doubts in the veracity of the statements of **** abuse.

P.S. I'm new here, nice to meet everyone!

True or not, there are definitely a lot of people who benefit from those **** abuse claims...her father and Kevin Federline being the most important.

I wonder if we'll ever hear the truth? Now that it's so far in the past, I have a feeling Britney herself would readily admit if it was true...That is, if she had the opportunity to speak about it.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Bundy said:

So Eardley tried to contact her bc of Lufti but she seeked Streisand anyway? Wait, do u think Lufti saw the cship coming but didnt warn her? So u really think he was allegedly really working for the Spears? 

So I read some things about Streisand - I even made a thread about it, and it seems to me that he was never worried in freeing her. Her custody battle lawyer who referred Streisand to her, didnt seem to make a good job about it tbh. Then theres the guy that Streisand intended to make her conservator if he was chosen as her lawyer. The guy is shady as hell, being accused of stealing millions of dollars. In 2019 Streisand also justified the cship, without mentioning how weird it was for a 26 years old being placed under a cship for old people with dementia and working right after that. 

Johnny said he met Britney when she was 15. I think he started managing Nsync in 99 after they realized Lou Pearlman was stealing from them. They had a huge lawsuit in early 2000 that they won. I know Johnny was his manager until some years ago, idk If he still is.

Some years later after being fired, Johnny mentioned it in a JT interview when Britney was still married to Kevin. He said Britney fired him in 2003 after her split with Justin. Ive seen on those articles that he managed Britney until february 2003. There were rumours at the time they were seeing each other again and when Justin was asked about it, he tried to avoid talking about Britney only saying he was single. At the same time he stopped shading her like he was doing before, saying they were friends now, same thing Britney was saying. In late january Britney went to Justins bday, and around the same time Fred Durst (who was seen with Britney a couple of weeks before Justins bday) said she ditched him to go see Justin somewhere, that they were trying to work things out. So the timeline makes sense. Then some months after, Britney started shading Justin and imo there was a shift of how she was talking about him from earlier that year. Later the same year, Justin started shading her again as well. If id have to guess maybe she got sick of him and didnt want anything that had smt to do with him, and thats why she fired Johnny. 

Here's a video of Britney saying what Johnny did and then shading Larry asking him what was his job 

I have a feeling that maybe Britney wasnt to blame for the whole thing with Johnny, she was paying people for that. All seems super weird tbh. 

So they implied commissions were being diverted to Britney. Someone was using her to steal money? Why do u think Sands said that? How would he know? Was he talking about the period Kevin was with her or during the divorce settlement? 

Do u think Britney rehired Larry herself? Or did her family influence her to do it bc they already have an agenda behind her back?

I remember those stories u showed me about the *****. So maybe Sam was with the Spears already or with Kevin, but either way, it was to set Britney up, and like u said, Kevin and the Spears were all together ganging up against Britney anyway to make her go to rehab. 

I seriously keep thinking of how much Britney attracts leeches like these, it seems almost everyone want to **** her up to benefit from it. 

Eardley...

I'm pretty sure I've seen emails from the week leading up to the second 5150 where Lutfi was trying to hire Eardley. And I'm pretty sure Britney knew about the conservatorship coming down the pipe. I believe that is why she stayed up for something like five days straight, chugging Red Bulls — so she could stay awake. She knew they were coming for her, and wanted to remain alert.

Streisand...

He came before Eardley. Even though Britney may have known about Eardley, I think she realized that Lutfi was an amateur, and that she would be better off to stick with Streisand if that's who her divorce lawyers were recommending. 

I don't fault Streisand at all for not trying harder to spring her from the conservatorship. A temporary conservatorship could have helped her immensely...if it remained temporary. But by the time it was made permanent, Jamie had cut Britney off from everyone (except Adnan?) and nobody knew how she really felt about it. 

Johnny Wright...

I doubt Britney even knew the payments to him had stopped. That was her business manager's job, not hers. Yes, she would have received the paperwork in November 2007 when he filed his lawsuit, but at the time her mind was consumed with the custody battle...and with the release of Blackout. She'd just performed Gimme More on the MTV Awards...It was a messed up time for her.

Sands...

Keep in mind, as Kevin's PR guy, Sands had access to a lot of inside dirt. He would have known Mark Vincent Kaplan's strategies, and would have more or less planned Britney's demise in the media (since MVK had stated right on TMZ that his strategy was to allow Britney to conduct herself in a negative way, and then allow the paparazzi to record it). 

I find it very odd that Sands brought up RICO Act violations...just three months after Johnny Wright separately made allegations about money being diverted to corporate entities in order to avoid paying him.

The conservatorship helped to cover all of this up.

So why would Jamie want to cover up anything...Unless he was either, a) trying to protect Britney from being charged with a criminal offense, or b) trying to protect himself in some way?

It's all just...odd.

Very, very odd.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, IconicShow said:

Why bait and switch? Makes no sense to even do the documentary if it was just going to be a negative narrative on B!

Most of the things related to B's C-Ship don't make sense... and it wouldn't be the first time her team tried to use her issues to sell or pin it against her. I don't believe this documentary will do that since Larry and Lou are out of the picture now... but Jamie is still the mastermind and I wouldn't be surprised if somehow they flipped the narrative. But I'm hopeful this has nothing to do with Britney's team, which is why everything shown in the trailer is all people not working with her currently and probably have NDAs finally expired, and it's all personal images and not licensed music/videos. So this looks very promising.