Watch the trailer for the New York Times' new documentary special "Framing Britney Spears"

I don't want to make a new thread for this in case I get lynched as I know its a touchy subject :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: but where did we end on the whole Lawyers for Britney / Free Britney / Britney's Gram fiasco? 

I know LFB have done a runner but I just came across these screenshots on twitter and they're not siting well with me. Does Kevin still post here? 

basketball wives GIF by VH1

^ if these screenshots are legit that is. 

4 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

That $40-million figure came from Britney herself, though, via Adam Streisand when he presented in court during the first conservatorship proceedings.

He also mentioned a $17-million IRS audit with Jive.

Plus, I've never been able to find an article stating the outcome of the lawsuit between Britney and her insurance company over the Onyx Hotel tour cancellation. Her insurance company was refusing to cover it.

Either way, $40-million isn't anything to sneeze at, and certainly did not make her "broke" in the way that Jamie and Andrew Wallet liked to portray her as an excuse for creating the conservatorship in the first place.

When did Adam say that? Could Britney be wrong about her fortune? Could Britney lie about her fortune for some reason? Im baffled that Britney would "only" have 40m in 2008 after 10 years of success.  Even people magazine said she had an estimated 100m fortune, and that was said for years since 2002. 

3 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

For as wormy as Lutfi is, I can't say I've ever caught him in a lie.

Well I still don't believe Britney was addicted to ***** during any time.  She tested negative for illicit ***** throughout the whole year 2007 and there is a reason she never had a relapse like other stars: it never happened.

3 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

The thing about her record contracts...Is that Larry makes a huge cut of her income. I've always wondered if Larry and the entire gang of them pressured her into agreeing to things that she shouldn't have. And I think she's hinted at such many times.

Agreed, to me, the biggest question mark of her ENTIRE CAREER really is 2004-2005 far more than 2006-2008.

Did Britney really sign a LUDICROUS 7 or 8 album contract near the beginning of her career or did she have a chance to restructure her deal/leave her label in the mid-2000s?

No matter how good Blackout is, it was still business meaning she had to promote (and stay in the public eye, which damaged her mental health terribly)  In The Zone remains her most involved studio album by far.

The fact is that with the Mona Lisa/Original Doll/Do Somethin debacles, Britney was battling her label in 2004-2005 for creative control for her career and something stopped that.  (was it contractual???)

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Bundy said:

When did Adam say that? Could Britney be wrong about her fortune? Could Britney lie about her fortune for some reason? Im baffled that Britney would "only" have 40m in 2008 after 10 years of success.  Even people magazine said she had an estimated 100m fortune, and that was said for years since 2002. 

I've had this article sitting open for a couple of days, because I wanted to add it to my Chronological Timeline thread:

"Streisand, who said he was referred to the singer by her custody lawyers at Trope and Trope, had also questioned the expertise of court-appointed co-conservator Andrew Wallet, claiming that he didn't have the expertise to handle the estate or the trust, given that Britney's estate is worth $40 million, encompasses 15 separate entities and is in the middle of a $17 million audit. Streisand had asked the court to instead name Northern Trust Bank and Spears' business manager Howard Grossman as co-conservators. Grossman, who hadn't yet handed over the financial information to Wallet because he didn't know if he was supposed to, said he would be "happy to help" his client and her family in any way."

Source: https://www.mtv.com/news/1580917/britney-spears-lawyer-ejected-from-courtroom-after-judge-doesnt-recognize-him-as-her-counsel/

That $40-million figure was well known back in 2008. The court date with Adam Streisand was very well publicized at the time that it happened.

Did Britney lie to Streisand?

Probably not. She was likely getting that information straight from her business manager, Howard Grossman.

Keep in mind, she was sued by Johnny Wright shortly before this occurred because she had stopped paying him "sunset payments" that she contractually owed him.

If anything, Grossman could have been misappropriating her funds. But that's just a theory. I have no proof of that whatsoever.

39 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

Well I still don't believe Britney was addicted to ***** during any time.  She tested negative for illicit ***** throughout the whole year 2007 and there is a reason she never had a relapse like other stars: it never happened.

Agreed, to me, the biggest question mark of her ENTIRE CAREER really is 2004-2005 far more than 2006-2008.

Did Britney really sign a LUDICROUS 7 or 8 album contract near the beginning of her career or did she have a chance to restructure her deal/leave her label in the mid-2000s?

No matter how good Blackout is, it was still business meaning she had to promote (and stay in the public eye, which damaged her mental health terribly)  In The Zone remains her most involved studio album by far.

The fact is that with the Mona Lisa/Original Doll/Do Somethin debacles, Britney was battling her label in 2004-2005 for creative control for her career and something stopped that.  (was it contractual???)

If anything, I believe she may have been taking Adderall (as Paris Hilton and all the big stars were doing at the time). But she had a prescription for it, and used it as an excuse for a dirty **** test earlier in the summer of 2007:

https://www.tmz.com/2007/11/15/britney-comes-to-attention-deficit-disorder/

Britney also told doctors during her second 5150 that she'd been taking Adderall. It showed up in news reports at the time, as well as in Lynne's Spears declaration against Lutfi:

"I did not see Britney again until I arrived at her house on Wednesday night after Sam called me and told me to come to the house. When we arrived, Britney seemed subdued. The police arrived and took her to the Neuro Psychiatric Institute at UCLA ("NPI"). While at NPI, I l earned that Britney informed her doctor, Lee Sadja, MD, that she had also taken Aderol."

Lutfi later claimed during his lawsuit that she was addicted to amphetamines, but didn't appear to name Adderall specifically:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2219930/Britney-Spears-addicted-amphetamines-Says-ex-manager-Sam-Lutfi.html

And Adnan appeared to tell the same story a few years later:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/living-on-a-diet-of-red-bulls-and-adderall-britneys-ex-tells-all/news-story/13bc0392af1ca73b5a6321a193c6840d

Was she actually addicted? I don't know. But Jamie sure has leaned hard into it, having Strawberry accompany her on the Circus tour, making sure all of her dancers have been ****-tested, and having security sweep the homes of people like Iggy Azalea. I'm sure he likely still uses it as an excuse for the conservatorship until this day.

As for creative control...

Britney was still fighting Jive for creative control with Blackout. I believe the M&M's tour and the original Gimme More video with the funeral scene were both an "eff you" to her record company. And she seemed to want to include songs like Rebellion on Blackout, but it didn't make the cut.

I've always believed that Britney's fight with Jive played a much bigger role in her unravelling than it is given credit for. It's easy to blame K-Fed and the custody battle, but there was far more going on that was just below the surface.

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I've had this article sitting open for a couple of days, because I wanted to add it to my Chronological Timeline thread:

"Streisand, who said he was referred to the singer by her custody lawyers at Trope and Trope, had also questioned the expertise of court-appointed co-conservator Andrew Wallet, claiming that he didn't have the expertise to handle the estate or the trust, given that Britney's estate is worth $40 million, encompasses 15 separate entities and is in the middle of a $17 million audit. Streisand had asked the court to instead name Northern Trust Bank and Spears' business manager Howard Grossman as co-conservators. Grossman, who hadn't yet handed over the financial information to Wallet because he didn't know if he was supposed to, said he would be "happy to help" his client and her family in any way."

Source: https://www.mtv.com/news/1580917/britney-spears-lawyer-ejected-from-courtroom-after-judge-doesnt-recognize-him-as-her-counsel/

That $40-million figure was well known back in 2008. The court date with Adam Streisand was very well publicized at the time that it happened.

Did Britney lie to Streisand?

Probably not. She was likely getting that information straight from her business manager, Howard Grossman.

Keep in mind, she was sued by Johnny Wright shortly before this occurred because she had stopped paying him "sunset payments" that she contractually owed him.

If anything, Grossman could have been misappropriating her funds. But that's just a theory. I have no proof of that whatsoever.

Im surprised how Britney could blow at least 60m in only 5 years, when she still worked a lot from 2003-2004 and was earning quite a lot only from royalties, etc from 2005-2006.

September 2002

For starters, there’s that $100 million bank account (“I’m rich, freakin’ rich. It’s crazy”) and the No. 1 spot on this year’s Forbes list of most powerful celebrities, ahead of Madonna, Steven Spielberg and Oprah Winfrey.

https://people.com/archive/cover-story-britneys-next-act-vol-58-no-10/

Theres smt missing about the whole money thing tbh. It doesnt make sense imo.

3 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Im surprised how Britney could blow at least 60m in only 5 years, when she still worked a lot from 2003-2004 and was earning quite a lot only from royalties, etc from 2005-2006.

September 2002

For starters, there’s that $100 million bank account (“I’m rich, freakin’ rich. It’s crazy”) and the No. 1 spot on this year’s Forbes list of most powerful celebrities, ahead of Madonna, Steven Spielberg and Oprah Winfrey.

https://people.com/archive/cover-story-britneys-next-act-vol-58-no-10/

Theres smt missing about the whole money thing tbh. It doesnt make sense imo.

You're damn right.

I think the entire fan base has been looking in the wrong direction all of this time.

"Sands claimed the theft is on a grand scale, involving racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering, and that the theft occurred prior to the conservatorship taking place and continues still."

https://www.mtv.com/news/1582277/britney-spears-has-been-robbed-her-self-proclaimed-lawyer-insists/

You have to remember, Jon Eardley was the right-hand man of Sam Lutfi.

But still.

There's also this:

https://people.com/crime/britney-spearss-former-manager-i-didnt-want-to-sue/

Who made those payments stop?

Question...

Did Britney and Kevin share a business manager? :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Like 2
On 1/21/2021 at 10:47 PM, jennyj said:

The trailer looks promising!  I really hope they don't do a bait and switch and fool all of us with the narrative.

I doubt it will get worldwide release since it's from NYT unless Hulu gets some sort of licensing agreement. Regardless if it does or doesn't, it's up to us fans to make it go viral on social media.

#FreeBritney

Why bait and switch? Makes no sense to even do the documentary if it was just going to be a negative narrative on B!

13 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

You're damn right.

I think the entire fan base has been looking in the wrong direction all of this time.

"Sands claimed the theft is on a grand scale, involving racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering, and that the theft occurred prior to the conservatorship taking place and continues still."

https://www.mtv.com/news/1582277/britney-spears-has-been-robbed-her-self-proclaimed-lawyer-insists/

You have to remember, Jon Eardley was the right-hand man of Sam Lutfi.

But still.

There's also this:

https://people.com/crime/britney-spearss-former-manager-i-didnt-want-to-sue/

Who made those payments stop?

Question...

Did Britney and Kevin share a business manager? :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Yeah, I wouldnt doubt that someone was taking advantage of her assets even before the cship started. 

Besides that phone call, was Eardley in touch with her before 2009? 

Whats funny about the whole Johnny Wright thing is he claimed she stopped paying him around the time she filed for divorce, and also around the time she rehired Larry. Isnt that curious? 

Was Johnny her business manager from 99-2003? I know his job and Larrys were different, but I always forget the difference lol 

Another interesting thing is Justin tried to talk to her around the same time at the VMAs and from what his friend said, it seemed like she didnt want to deal with him too. If she didnt want to talk to Johnny bc of Justin, who knows, but its such a coincidence. Earlier that year, she also didnt want to work with Justin. 

Do u know if she settled the whole with Johnny right away? 

33 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

If anything, I believe she may have been taking Adderall (as Paris Hilton and all the big stars were doing at the time). But she had a prescription for it, and used it as an excuse for a dirty **** test earlier in the summer of 2007:

Britney also told doctors during her second 5150 that she'd been taking Adderall. It showed up in news reports at the time, as well as in Lynne's Spears declaration against Lutfi:

"I did not see Britney again until I arrived at her house on Wednesday night after Sam called me and told me to come to the house. When we arrived, Britney seemed subdued. The police arrived and took her to the Neuro Psychiatric Institute at UCLA ("NPI"). While at NPI, I l earned that Britney informed her doctor, Lee Sadja, MD, that she had also taken Aderol."

Lutfi later claimed during his lawsuit that she was addicted to amphetamines, but didn't appear to name Adderall specifically:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2219930/Britney-Spears-addicted-amphetamines-Says-ex-manager-Sam-Lutfi.html

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/living-on-a-diet-of-red-bulls-and-adderall-britneys-ex-tells-all/news-story/13bc0392af1ca73b5a6321a193c6840d

Was she actually addicted? I don't know. But Jamie sure has leaned hard into it, having Strawberry accompany her on the Circus tour, making sure all of her dancers have been ****-tested, and having security sweep the homes of people like Iggy Azalea. I'm sure he likely still uses it as an excuse for the conservatorship until this day.

Yeah, I meant she was never addicted to illicit *****.  She probably did take prescription ***** that she was prescribed to take.

36 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I've always believed that Britney's fight with Jive played a much bigger role in her unravelling than it is given credit for. It's easy to blame K-Fed and the custody battle, but there was far more going on that was just below the surface.

Her unraveling has to do with Jive, Larry Rudolph probably MTV (and other contracts Rudolph had her sign) during that 2004-2005 period.

K-fed may be considered a bad choice of husband, but if she moved out of the spotlight away from L.A., would anyone care??

But the tabloid relationship had to stay in the spotlight because of her contractual obligations with Jive for her next album (but not from her creation).  We know Jive never really cared about her nearly as much as they cared about making money off of her.

By 2004-2005, after all the success she had, she should have had the leverage to overhaul her record deal with a plethora of advantageous clauses for her: That thoroughly NEVER came close to happening.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Sorry for meddling... I don't know if did she abuse ***** or not.

But the sources of these statements are very dubious, they are known for their venality... like TMZ, dailymail... As well as Lutfi and Adnan, they pursued their own goals, and it is unlikely that 'helping Britney' was among these goals.

Plus, the more respected sources did not speak about it in such an affirmative manner.

And since I think there were many players and most of them tried to set her up for quite some time, so I really have strong doubts in the veracity of the statements of **** abuse.

P.S. I'm new here, nice to meet everyone!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Bundy said:

Yeah, I wouldnt doubt that someone was taking advantage of her assets even before the cship started. 

Besides that phone call, was Eardley in touch with her before 2009? 

Whats funny about the whole Johnny Wright thing is he claimed she stopped paying him around the time she filed for divorce, and also around the time she rehired Larry. Isnt that curious? 

Was Johnny her business manager from 99-2003? I know his job and Larrys were different, but I always forget the difference lol 

Another interesting thing is Justin tried to talk to her around the same time at the VMAs and from what his friend said, it seemed like she didnt want to deal with him too. If she didnt want to talk to Johnny bc of Justin, who knows, but its such a coincidence. Earlier that year, she also didnt want to work with Justin. 

Do u know if she settled the whole with Johnny right away? 

Eardley...

As far as I know, Eardley didn't contact her until after her second 5150 in February 2008, although I think Lutfi was trying to line it up during the weeks leading up to it since they could all see the conservatorship coming.

Eardley also received a phone call from her again in January 2009, but again, that was Lutfi and Adnan getting a cell phone to her so she could make the call.

I was always quite content with Adam Streisand attempting to fight for her, since he seemed like a legit lawyer from a high-powered firm who had been referred to Britney by her divorce lawyers. I felt the opposite way about Eardley, due to his association with Lutfi.

Johnny Wright...

Johnny was her manager. He also managed JT and Janet Jackson. 

Larry was her co-manager, but was also an entertainment lawyer, so focused more on her contracts (I'm assuming) while Johnny focused on what the public saw. Larry would have learned everything he knew from Johnny, who was already a pro in the business.

Neither of them were her business manager -- that role would have fallen to someone else.

Britney didn't settle her lawsuit with Johnny until after Jamie took over. That was part of the reason why I was content seeing her in the temporary conservatorship at the time -- she was starting to have a lot of lawsuits pile up, and the longer she avoided them, the worse it was going to get for her.

As for timing...

The lawsuit with WEG (Johnny's company) has always nagged at me. I've always wondered why she would suddenly stop paying him. It didn't make sense.

It had never occurred to me until now that the payments stopped at the time she split from Kevin...and that whoever was doing her accounting during the time she was with Kevin could have continued looting her assets after they parted ways.

Johhny even insinuated there was more going on in his court papers. He said that there was a company set up to divert payments (or something similar). I'll have to dig that up to find the precise phrase.

EDIT: 

Here it is...

"WEG claims Britney has not accounted for or paid commissions for Zomba advances on LP's 3 and 4 ("In The Zone" and "Greatest Hits"), among other claims.

Also, "Upon information and belief, SPEARS and BTI concealed from WEG a series of negotiations and agreements for otherwise commissionable Gross Receipts payable to WEG, thus diverting those commissions to SPEARS directly or indirectly, or to corporate entities whout the knowledge, consent, or agreement of WEG, both before and after the termination Agreement.""

This is important because...It may explain the $40-million figure.

It also explains why Michael Sands would make those claims...He was Kevin Federline's PR guy, who worked for Mark Vincent Kaplan, who was Kevin's divorce lawyer.

There's something really questionable going on around the entire split from Kevin...The way that Larry was immediately brought back in, and then within three months the entire group of them ganged up on her and forced her into rehab. 

And then we have Lutfi, who showed up out of nowhere...But Lynne's own book insinuates that it was Lutfi who planted the ***** in Britney's Malibu home to force her into rehab...and Lutfi told Britney's assistant that he was a private investigator working for Kevin Federline.

It all circles back to that time period between November 2006 to February 2007. Every damn time.

Edited by Steel Magnolia
  • Like 2
43 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Eardley...

As far as I know, Eardley didn't contact her until after her second 5150 in February 2008, although I think Lutfi was trying to line it up during the weeks leading up to it since they could all see the conservatorship coming.

Eardley also received a phone call from her again in January 2009, but again, that was Lutfi and Adnan getting a cell phone to her so she could make the call.

I was always quite content with Adam Streisand attempting to fight for her, since he seemed like a legit lawyer from a high-powered firm who had been referred to Britney by her divorce lawyers. I felt the opposite way about Eardley, due to his association with Lutfi.

Johnny Wright...

Johnny was her manager. He also managed JT and Janet Jackson. 

Larry was her co-manager, but was also an entertainment lawyer, so focused more on her contracts (I'm assuming) while Johnny focused on what the public saw. Larry would have learned everything he knew from Johnny, who was already a pro in the business.

Neither of them were her business manager -- that role would have fallen to someone else.

Britney didn't settle her lawsuit with Johnny until after Jamie took over. That was part of the reason why I was content seeing her in the temporary conservatorship at the time -- she was starting to have a lot of lawsuits pile up, and the longer she avoided them, the worse it was going to get for her.

As for timing...

The lawsuit with WEG (Johnny's company) has always nagged at me. I've always wondered why she would suddenly stop paying him. It didn't make sense.

It had never occurred to me until now that the payments stopped at the time she split from Kevin...and that whoever was doing her accounting during the time she was with Kevin could have continued looting her assets after they parted ways.

Johhny even insinuated there was more going on in his court papers. He said that there was a company set up to divert payments (or something similar). I'll have to dig that up to find the precise phrase.

EDIT: 

Here it is...

"WEG claims Britney has not accounted for or paid commissions for Zomba advances on LP's 3 and 4 ("In The Zone" and "Greatest Hits"), among other claims.

Also, "Upon information and belief, SPEARS and BTI concealed from WEG a series of negotiations and agreements for otherwise commissionable Gross Receipts payable to WEG, thus diverting those commissions to SPEARS directly or indirectly, or to corporate entities whout the knowledge, consent, or agreement of WEG, both before and after the termination Agreement.""

This is important because...It may explain the $40-million figure.

It also explains why Michael Sands would make those claims...He was Kevin Federline's PR guy, who worked for Mark Vincent Kaplan, who was Kevin's divorce lawyer.

There's something really questionable going on around the entire split from Kevin...The way that Larry was immediately brought back in, and then within three months the entire group of them ganged up on her and forced her into rehab. 

And then we have Lutfi, who showed up out of nowhere...But Lynne's own book insinuates that it was Lutfi who planted the ***** in Britney's Malibu home to force her into rehab...and Lutfi told Britney's assistant that he was a private investigator working for Kevin Federline.

It all circles back to that time period between November 2006 to February 2007. Every damn time.

So Eardley tried to contact her bc of Lufti but she seeked Streisand anyway? Wait, do u think Lufti saw the cship coming but didnt warn her? So u really think he was allegedly really working for the Spears? 

So I read some things about Streisand - I even made a thread about it, and it seems to me that he was never worried in freeing her. Her custody battle lawyer who referred Streisand to her, didnt seem to make a good job about it tbh. Then theres the guy that Streisand intended to make her conservator if he was chosen as her lawyer. The guy is shady as hell, being accused of stealing millions of dollars. In 2019 Streisand also justified the cship, without mentioning how weird it was for a 26 years old being placed under a cship for old people with dementia and working right after that. 

Johnny said he met Britney when she was 15. I think he started managing Nsync in 99 after they realized Lou Pearlman was stealing from them. They had a huge lawsuit in early 2000 that they won. I know Johnny was his manager until some years ago, idk If he still is.

Some years later after being fired, Johnny mentioned it in a JT interview when Britney was still married to Kevin. He said Britney fired him in 2003 after her split with Justin. Ive seen on those articles that he managed Britney until february 2003. There were rumours at the time they were seeing each other again and when Justin was asked about it, he tried to avoid talking about Britney only saying he was single. At the same time he stopped shading her like he was doing before, saying they were friends now, same thing Britney was saying. In late january Britney went to Justins bday, and around the same time Fred Durst (who was seen with Britney a couple of weeks before Justins bday) said she ditched him to go see Justin somewhere, that they were trying to work things out. So the timeline makes sense. Then some months after, Britney started shading Justin and imo there was a shift of how she was talking about him from earlier that year. Later the same year, Justin started shading her again as well. If id have to guess maybe she got sick of him and didnt want anything that had smt to do with him, and thats why she fired Johnny. 

Here's a video of Britney saying what Johnny did and then shading Larry asking him what was his job 

I have a feeling that maybe Britney wasnt to blame for the whole thing with Johnny, she was paying people for that. All seems super weird tbh. 

So they implied commissions were being diverted to Britney. Someone was using her to steal money? Why do u think Sands said that? How would he know? Was he talking about the period Kevin was with her or during the divorce settlement? 

Do u think Britney rehired Larry herself? Or did her family influence her to do it bc they already have an agenda behind her back?

I remember those stories u showed me about the *****. So maybe Sam was with the Spears already or with Kevin, but either way, it was to set Britney up, and like u said, Kevin and the Spears were all together ganging up against Britney anyway to make her go to rehab. 

I seriously keep thinking of how much Britney attracts leeches like these, it seems almost everyone want to **** her up to benefit from it. 

Just to add this new link, published 3-4h ago:

https://www.nytimes.com/article/framing-britney-spears.html

- It mentions the pictures are from Felicia

"The documentary, “Framing Britney Spears,” features interviews with key insiders, including:

• a lifelong family friend who traveled alongside Spears for much of her career

• the marketing executive who originally created Spears’s image

• a lawyer currently working on the conservatorship

• and the lawyer Spears tried to hire in the early days of the conservatorship to challenge her father"

• Love 1
21 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Yeah, I meant she was never addicted to illicit *****.  She probably did take prescription ***** that she was prescribed to take.

Her unraveling has to do with Jive, Larry Rudolph probably MTV (and other contracts Rudolph had her sign) during that 2004-2005 period.

K-fed may be considered a bad choice of husband, but if she moved out of the spotlight away from L.A., would anyone care??

But the tabloid relationship had to stay in the spotlight because of her contractual obligations with Jive for her next album (but not from her creation).  We know Jive never really cared about her nearly as much as they cared about making money off of her.

By 2004-2005, after all the success she had, she should have had the leverage to overhaul her record deal with a plethora of advantageous clauses for her: That thoroughly NEVER came close to happening.

I get the feeling that Britney never quite understood her rights.

And I don't mean throughout the past 12 years...I mean in 2004-2005.

She seemed to use the marriages to Jason Alexander and Kevin Federline as a way to escape those pressuring her to constantly keep working and making bank.

Did Larry ever suggest to her that she could renegotiate her contract? Did her parents ever suggest to her that she should consult with someone other than Larry for legal advice?

It feels like now may be the first time she's ever spoke up for herself in a way that considers the legal ramifications of the decisions she makes about her own career.

• Love 1
  • Like 1