Which Katy Perry era had the best singles, and which era had the worst?

Which Katy Perry era had the best singles, and which era had the worst?  

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Content Curators
13 hours ago, Style. said:

Teenage Dream is her best era from head to toe and Clown is her worst. Do we consider Clown an era? :roxxy:

This. Daisies / Not The End of the World being singles definitely made it the worst.

Chained To The Rhythm is still her best song since Witness. 

The TS poll will be interesting because almost all her albums are amazing, but the single choices have always been questionable except maybe 1989.

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
38 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

Teenage Dream had the best singles but Thinking Of You is the best Katy Perry song (with Unconditionally and Wide Awake), i said it and i know i am the only one, it's ok.:)  + I hate firework with a passion! :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

Witness the worst! 

I agree with you on Wide Awake. It's one of my favorite songs from Katy, and that music video just elevated the song and the era so much

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Invitation said:

I agree with you on Wide Awake. It's one of my favorite songs from Katy, and that music video just elevated the song and the era so much

Yes, her best video and the storyline so great, saying goodbye to herself as a child. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: It's much darker but had also the fun opening and ending. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Invitation said:

This. Daisies / Not The End of the World being singles definitely made it the worst.

Chained To The Rhythm is still her best song since Witness. 

The TS poll will be interesting because almost all her albums are amazing, but the single choices have always been questionable except maybe 1989.

I agree. Next we need a TS poll, Urbanbaby. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 1

From worst (5) to best (1):

5. Smile - has the weirdest and incoherent era Katy has ever put out. Never Worn White and Daisies should be the fine choices since they have the flower analogies, but then she released the Target's anthem Smile (that's basically leaked out everywhere prior). At this point, Katy clearly doesn't want to match the sales record of her previous materials.

4. PRISM - should've been the deeper and meaningful era for Katy, but the single choices are just not representing the album at all. It's understandable her obsession over multifaceted records but her teams should know how to maintain the cohesiveness of storytelling right after Teenage Dream. Ghost, Double Rainbow, By The Grace Of God or It Takes Two should've made the cut. 

3. Witness - although this is where everything started to crumble, the singles are acceptable especially Bon Appetit, Swish Swish and Hey Hey Hey were the big guns of the album. The only problem here is the chronological released and promotions of the songs. She should've released at least Witness, Miss You More or Save As Draft as a tone down for every of her eras.

2. One Of The Boys - the single roll outs were mediocre and safe to start a skyrocketing career. The singles made justice to market her, though it lacks in deep and storytelling. Thinking Of You is still my favorite of hers, and Ur So Gay is a bop.

3. Teenage Dream - she and her team knew what they were doing. From the timing, promotions and single choices are just right. This is why I mentioned before that the era did much better in single releases instead of the record itself. I can't see any other artist could redo what Katy did in Teenage Dream.

11 hours ago, Alexanda said:

Teenage Dream had the best singles but Thinking Of You is the best Katy Perry song (with Unconditionally and Wide Awake), i said it and i know i am the only one, it's ok.:)  + I hate firework with a passion! :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

Witness the worst!

You're not alone. Also think Thinking Of You is her best song, the fact she wrote it all alone showcased her authenticity and innocence. Btw, Witness is a great album but the promotions were :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: .

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block