Which Katy Perry era had the best singles, and which era had the worst?

Which Katy Perry era had the best singles, and which era had the worst?  

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Smile" is still in progress, but do what you can with what we have :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• One of the Boys
    • I Kissed a Girl
    • Hot n Cold
    • Thinking of You
    • Waking Up in Vegas
  • Teenage Dream
    • California Gurls
    • Teenage Dream
    • Firework
    • E.T.
    • Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
    • The One That Got Away
    • Part of Me
    • Wide Awake
  • Prism
    • Roar
    • Unconditionally
    • Dark Horse
    • Birthday
    • This Is How We Do
  • Witness
    • Chained to the Rhythm
    • Bon Appétit
    • Swish Swish
    • Save as Draft
    • Hey Hey Hey
  • Smile
    • Never Really Over
    • Harleys in Hawaii
    • Daisies
    • Smile
    • Not the End of the World

Eceo-u9WAAEMkOu.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

One of the boys had great single choices that boosted her fame and recognition to a strong height.

Teenage Dream had the perfect chef kiss single rollout. All 6 songs are platinum-certifed, iconic and easily memorable and basically shifted her into a mega-pop sensation and made her a threat to other pop juggernauts like Gaga.

PRISM was as successful and mega of an era as Teenage Dream was but there were still so many hits from this album that got away. For the most part, it was a good rollout but Katy could have potentially got as much as #1s like TD if Legendary Lovers, International smile, Double Rainbow and Walking On Air were made singles. Regardless, her team was still smart and released many proper singles that further certified her as a worldwide phenomenon

Witness easily was her worst single rollout. Her team should've known better! Katy was returning after a 3 year long hiatus and entered her 30s (the industry is very ageist) and should have had a rollout with much better choices. Chained to the rhythm was the step in the right direction but it all went to the drain the moment Bon Appetite became a single, and then swish swish and then hey hey hey which nailed the coffin. There were much better songs on the album.

SMILE had a fine rollout. Never really over was a hit but with much better promotion and scheduled performances it could have been one of the very huge hits of 2018 and revive her career. Daisies too had potential...it was Katy Perry at her anthemic bop queen finest. Not the end of the world as well can be a hit because it has dark horse vibes. So one thing the era simply lacks is promotion. 

Heres the ranking thus:

1. Teenage Dream
  2. One Of The Boys
  3. PRISM
  4. SMILE
  5. Witness 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators

Best is Teenage Dream, even though I don't like "California Gurls" and "Firework" the rest were good. "E.T" will forever be a fave.

"Hummingbird Heartbeat" would have been a hit.

Worst is Smile, I don't like anything from that album.

• Love 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block