A vice article has come out and said we as a gay community preach inclusiveness, but only by the rules

Spicechinodiva

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xwjj5a/when-i-came-out-i-wasnt-ready-for-the-judgment-that-came-from-within-the-community

We tend, to be our own worst enemy..

Not only we get judged by a society,  but we judge each other as well.

That many refuse to come out cos of these out dated rules.

#1. The overtly over ***ualized our community has truly become,  many gay men require a hook up just to test compatibility before a proper date happens..

When refused some get called prudes,  but fail to realize they were raised to be conservative about their love and *** lives..

Best solution  is to date, with people who believe in the same values as you..

Problem solved..

#2 Pop culture knowledge and love of pop music,  Broadway and etc. 

This has been outdated as many gays like heavy metal,  or thrash metal gays feel like they don't get represented. 

Bottom line, this one is hella outdated and needs to be thrown out.

There are gays that like homophobic acts especially in reggae music like Beenie man, saying music is music,  we should stop letting LGBT mags tell us who we should listen to. 

They don't represent everybody.

#3. Body shaming. 

The gay community is notorious for this, not everybody wants the perfect body. Not everybody wants to live on a salad and gym diet. 

Have thay slice of cheese pizza and that xxl mountain dew. You're only hurting yourself by ignoring these cravings..

Bottom line,  stop being shallow.  We all have different body structures. 

Even my doctor said to me as a big boned person,  the body mass index is actually outdated and needs to be thrown out..

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AND... they are right. :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I've gained weight this year and I've always been in shape prior to this but god... I feel like such a fat *** right now, doesn't help all the fitness twitter gays posting selfies all the damn time. I literally took a break from social media because I couldn't stop feeling less than. 

On 12/17/2020 at 3:26 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xwjj5a/when-i-came-out-i-wasnt-ready-for-the-judgment-that-came-from-within-the-community

We tend, to be our own worst enemy..

Not only we get judged by a society,  but we judge each other as well.

That many refuse to come out cos of these out dated rules.

#1. The overtly over ***ualized our community has truly become,  many gay men require a hook up just to test compatibility before a proper date happens..

When refused some get called prudes,  but fail to realize they were raised to be conservative about their love and *** lives..

Best solution  is to date, with people who believe in the same values as you..

Problem solved..

#2 Pop culture knowledge and love of pop music,  Broadway and etc. 

This has been outdated as many gays like heavy metal,  or thrash metal gays feel like they don't get represented. 

Bottom line, this one is hella outdated and needs to be thrown out.

There are gays that like homophobic acts especially in reggae music like Beenie man, saying music is music,  we should stop letting LGBT mags tell us who we should listen to. 

They don't represent everybody.

#3. Body shaming. 

The gay community is notorious for this, not everybody wants the perfect body. Not everybody wants to live on a salad and gym diet. 

Have thay slice of cheese pizza and that xxl mountain dew. You're only hurting yourself by ignoring these cravings..

Bottom line,  stop being shallow.  We all have different body structures. 

Even my doctor said to me as a big boned person,  the body mass index is actually outdated and needs to be thrown out..

This being an article is contradicting itself. They say gays are too critical of each other, yet write an article being critical...

What I'm about to write isn't against the OP, but the article itself.

1. Almost everyone - gay and straight - hook up first. We are in the hookup generation. Literally everyone does. No one goes on dates like they used to. That's a fantasy now.

2. This is becoming way more prevalent, people watch TV shows (Shameless, a lot of shows on Netflix) where gays are just regular guys. The newer generation doesn't care about this stuff. Everyone is mostly ***ually fluid and don't care about labels and stereotypes. (and no one reads magazines anymore).

3. This is not body shaming - it's called being healthy. Once you actually create a healthy lifestyle - you will not crave terrible foods anymore. This is a fact. You will crave healthy and nutritious foods, that the body actually wants. It's not about being shallow at all. It's about not being lazy. What the article is talking about are insecure people who flaunt it as some sort of stereotype, they are not talking about health.

There is a phenomenon that's been studied in gay men -that it's a personal desire to be fit and have a "perfect body" because they are making up for the guilt they feel by not being the perfect "straight" boy to their parents or loved ones. So they make up for it with things they can control - looks, health, etc...
- this isn't a negative thing, just a fact of the matter.

On 12/17/2020 at 3:26 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

#3. Body shaming. 

Not to be critical but health is important, if you don’t want to be healthy that’s fine but don’t try to make people who are healthy feel bad.  

Archived