Britney Spears in anime

Blckpww

Long time lurker, first time poster here! Forgive me my mispellings if there are any, I’m Russian lol

So I thought it might be interesting for some people to see that there is an actual character in anime series Macross Frontier (2007) named Sheryl Nome, heavily based on Primeney.

3C6A6F99-261C-4184-B7A7-9E1ED472826C.jpe

I won’t share much storyline, you can check the series yourself if you are interested. Sheryl is the most famous pop-star singer in the galaxy, ofter reffered to as Galactic Fairy/Songstress of the Galaxy(Princess of Pop influence?). She is very talented, beautiful and gives great concerts with many holograms and props involved. Singer is one of the 3 main characters of the series - other two are her love interest+pilot Alto Saotome and her fan, that dreams to become as successful as Sheryl, Ranka Lee. She also has a sketchy manager who uses her popularity and talent for her own evil plans, not caring too much about Sheryl’s deadly sickness  :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Here are some similarities that I found regarding her style and looks! Sheryl outfits are often provocative and feminine, butterflies and other “girly“ motives are prevalent in her clothing, music videos, artwork (which is mainly done by amazing Risa Ebata, she also did the character design for the series so I guess she def checked some of Brit looks for inspiration and maybe gave direction to other artists as well). I attached only official artworks, most of these outfits are seen in the anime.

23176BF7-3787-4180-B671-1CFC1146F64C.jpe
23984C28-4765-4E9F-A1A9-0A20222B365D.jpe
4FF656F4-3C25-4444-AC3D-B11A47D1AAFD.jpe

E849BD5F-6768-411A-A7DB-BE203470EB16.jpeGirl has 2 voice actresses voicing her casual and singing voice. The second one is a singer named May’n. On May’n Wiki page it’s stated that her “musical style varies in genre, ranging from pop and rock, to dance music and R&B,and she cites artists such as Britney Spears:wink_britney_everytime_white: ,Madonna :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:, Janet Jackson:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:, and Namie Amuro as her musical influences.“

As for the music, I’d say that the most britnesque song of Sheryl is “Pink Monsoon“. I wouldn’t say that May’n is going for the baby voice tho, it sound more mature 

Check out her other great songs! The character itself has a huge discography and duets with Ranka Lee produced by Yoko Kanno (aka the  best music producer in anime industry)

Forbidden Elixir

T̶o̶x̶i̶c̶ ̶m̶e̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶v̶m̶a̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶4 o̶u̶t̶f̶i̶t̶

Diamond Crevasse is def the main ballad in her career, can be the equivalent of Everytime in Macross Frontier world, I guess

Praying so that this post looks normal in the end, didn’t know how much pain in the neck it is to attach links and set everything in place :orangu_orangutan_ape:

sorry for long nerdy post lol

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Easy There said:

Is this manga ?

ASfjOdN.thumb.gif.0b81819d7f33b4314c3b2b

It’s anime, mom:ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:
Macross franchise is huge in Japan and Frontier gen has a lot of anime series, movies, games, collabs, etc.

Newbies should start with the last two movies, these are like the parallel story from the series that have more beautiful drawing style and a bit sadder plot from the original

1. Macross Frontier: The false Songstress

2. Macross Frontier Movie: The Wings of Goodbye

There is manga about her childhood named “Kiss in the Galaxy” tho :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

4 hours ago, Jaime45x said:

Also Break The Ice is technically an anime lol. 

She is such an icon, not every  pop star make such an impact. She is one the few.

Yup, always gave me iconic Ghost in Shell rooftop jump vibes btw! Even “The Matrix” aesthetics were heavily inspired by that anime :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 2:59 PM, Blckpww said:

Yup, always gave me iconic Ghost in Shell rooftop jump vibes btw! Even “The Matrix” aesthetics were heavily inspired by that anime :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Yup I always saw the inspo from the masterpiece known as Ghost in the Shell.

Recently I found this Hookup image, which is obviously inspired by Britney. Loving the Buffy crossover.

brittney-the-vampire-slayer-001.jpg

On 12/7/2020 at 1:12 AM, lili_ballet said:

her power:unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

britney is kinda a rac ist meme inmy country (not related to her, its complicated) which is super unfortunate, wish it was anime instead lol

What? Tell me more about it.

22 minutes ago, Bundy said:

What? Tell me more about it.

basically where im from theres a roma minority and for roma its very common to have nicknames that are essentially like given names (so they only use nicknames and not given names) and there was a meme of people making fb profiles with "britney spears" written phonetically next to a roma sounding given name and put an unflattering profile pic and basically kids who believed this was real would drag these ppl

idk if it makes sense its the best i could explain (my guess it was britney cuz the name sounds super american and everyone knows her)

Archived