Britney was supposed to be crucified on a cross of tabloids for the "Piece of Me" video

Notorious I.G.G.Y.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

Before the whole scamservatorship we had Jive ruining everything. Seriously F Jive for scrapping everything  tenor.gif?itemid=16117416

:ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:Tho I have to think if Larry also had more impact on her career decisions than we know

5 hours ago, Puppy said:

It’s not Jive but Larry that’s been the speed bump in her career. He always want her to be this pure innocent pop artist and he’s always pushing her to doing pop so I definitely think he was more hands on than Jive. That’s not to say they are perfect but it’s understandable, they want to make money. For me it’s like a love/hate relationship with her and Jive but seeing as Larry is always crafting new pop girls every minute shows his obsession with creating his “perfect” popstar. She keeps pushing for different sounds while he likes to stick to cliche safe pop. 

I agree, but Larry wasnt her manager during the Blackout era. He was fired months before. 

15 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

Before the whole scamservatorship we had Jive ruining everything. Seriously F Jive for scrapping everything  tenor.gif?itemid=16117416

:ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:Tho I have to think if Larry also had more impact on her career decisions than we know

15 hours ago, Endlessstan said:

Of course, he’s been her manager for almost her entire career. 

13 hours ago, Puppy said:

It’s not Jive but Larry that’s been the speed bump in her career. He always want her to be this pure innocent pop artist and he’s always pushing her to doing pop so I definitely think he was more hands on than Jive. That’s not to say they are perfect but it’s understandable, they want to make money. For me it’s like a love/hate relationship with her and Jive but seeing as Larry is always crafting new pop girls every minute shows his obsession with creating his “perfect” popstar. She keeps pushing for different sounds while he likes to stick to cliche safe pop. 

Except that the 'Everytime' video -other than the terrible tacked on ending-is the one outlier in her career, especially since she composed it; this has also been confirmed by David Lachapelle:

https://theblast.com/c/britney-spears-music-video-david-lachapelle

The 'Everytime' video is completely antithetical to Larry Rudolph's entire brand and vision. 

I get the concept, but I don't think it would've done her much good. 
She was being "crucified" already by press and GP alike back in the day. Something like this could have really resulted in a harsher backlash than the one she was already getting and God knows what it could do to her state then. Her trashing away tabloid pages in the video and screwing with paparazzi as in the released version sent a much clearer message....

• 1 month later...

Archived