Britney was supposed to be crucified on a cross of tabloids for the "Piece of Me" video

Notorious I.G.G.Y.

Was this already known? Sorry if AP.

So film critic/writer Jordan Crucchiola and director Sam Wineman started a podcast together recently called Aughtsterion about 00's horror films: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/i-know-who-killed-me-2007/id1540688394?i=1000501219991 

This week's episode was about Lindsay Lohan's "I Know Who Killed Me" that came out in 2007 and when they start contextualizing it (Lindsay's character plays a ******** in the film) they mention the Gimme More video that also came out that year.

During that bit (starts around the 9 minute time stamp of the episode) Sam says he actually knows the director of the Gimme More video and was shown the original treatment for it which was supposed to be a commentary on what was happening at the time with Britney's life.

Just like with the original treatment that was pitched for the Piece of Me video where Britney was supposed to be crucified on a cross made out of tabloids, but Britney's camp pushed back and she wasn't able to jump in that idea.

As for the shooting of the Gimme More club scenes, Britney just showed up to set with her hat and wig that day and said she'd be there for half an hour and insisted on dancing on the pole and that's all they ended up using for it (as we already know).  ( I wouldn't blame her if she might've been over it and the fact she was unable to go forward with the ideas/concepts she had originally been presented for videos and stuff  :/ )

If you don't want to listen to the full thing there's a clip of the bit abt Britney here: https://voca.ro/15jiefRa30iy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

Before the whole scamservatorship we had Jive ruining everything. Seriously F Jive for scrapping everything  tenor.gif?itemid=16117416

:ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:Tho I have to think if Larry also had more impact on her career decisions than we know

Of course, he’s been her manager for almost her entire career. 

They probably remember also the big Controversy of Madonna doing that on her 2006 tour as well. 

From the vatican which was only three blocks from the stadium Madonna Performed her Rome date on the confessions tour, And the Russian mafia actually threatening her family if she went on with her first Moscow date ever. 

So it was already fresh in mind what happened when madonna did This and how NBC refused to air it uncensored on the confessions tour NBC special. 

And some NBC affiliates Actually refused to air that night's events as it was the night before Thanksgiving. And they said it's just not approiate to air a madonna concert before the holidays. 

27 minutes ago, nwonder said:

Urgh. The tabloid cross sounds amazing. Her mind! The backlash would of been crazy though.

:idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

As for GM, I thought the MJ impersonator confirmed they filmed multiple set ups that were never used? 

They might have, clearly she shot other stuff since we've actually seen the other leaked scenes too lol

I think the guy was just saying the original GM video plot was supposed to be better/more complex, I wish he would've elaborated and explained what the concept was so then we would know for sure...

and then he solely referred to the day when she shot the strip dance scenes since that's the video that came out and to like give an insight into her mindset at the time I guess.

45 minutes ago, Notorious I.G.G.Y. said:

They might have, clearly she shot other stuff since we've actually seen the other leaked scenes too lol

I think the guy was just saying the original GM video plot was supposed to be better/more complex, I wish he would've elaborated and explained what the concept was so then we would know for sure...

and then he solely referred to the day when she shot the strip dance scenes since that's the video that came out and to like give an insight into her mindset at the time I guess.

Michael Cromey, who edited the Gimme More video, said that Britney didn't shoot any other scenes (Even though we're still missing that first take of the dance pole routine with the original outfit)

http://web.archive.org/web/20131221152003if_/http://cleofilms.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/britney8.jpg

Maybe the scene of Britney with the blonde wig at the table next to pole was supposed to be longer but was ultimately cut

It's also possible that Jake Sarfaty took some interior shots of the club or the bedroom set with some of the extras and wanted to implement them in the final video à la When I Grow Up cameo but then again who knows

"so after all that mambo jambo of nearly three months, the infamous great comeback video we've been all waiting for is released "GIMME MORE", hmm I personally don't know what to say, for the first I'm at a loss for words, after the disaster at the VMA's in Vegas past month comes this thing out, the video which we shot two whole days from am hours to am hours and loads of actors/ extras, two locations ... and all we see and get is Britney on ONE freakin' scene strechin' 4 minutes at one and same spot... it was Britney Spears featuring Britney Spears .. you got to be kiddin' me ... it's NOT even about me.. it's about: where all the other people were? where all the other locations? where all the different outfits? and She shot over and over and over for what? for this?"

https://web.archive.org/web/20131206171556/https://www.slimk.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=musicbox&action=display&thread=145

Others concepts like the infamous coffin one were probably thrown around at one point but were quickly discarded as well

26 minutes ago, PlayboiMommy said:

Michael Cromey, who edited the Gimme More video, said that Britney didn't shoot any other scenes (Even though we're still missing that first take of the dance pole routine with the original outfit)

https://web.archive.org/web/20131221152003if_/https://cleofilms.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/britney8.jpg

Maybe the scene of Britney with the blonde wig at the table next to pole was supposed to be longer but was ultimately cut

It's also possible that Jake Sarfaty took some interior shots of the club or the bedroom set with some of the extras and wanted to implement them in the final video à la When I Grow Up cameo but then again who knows

Others concepts like the infamous coffin one were probably thrown around at one point but were quickly discarded as well

Maybe if we ask the guy he'll say what he remembers the director telling him about the original story for it?

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

Before the whole scamservatorship we had Jive ruining everything. Seriously F Jive for scrapping everything  tenor.gif?itemid=16117416

:ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:Tho I have to think if Larry also had more impact on her career decisions than we know

It’s not Jive but Larry that’s been the speed bump in her career. He always want her to be this pure innocent pop artist and he’s always pushing her to doing pop so I definitely think he was more hands on than Jive. That’s not to say they are perfect but it’s understandable, they want to make money. For me it’s like a love/hate relationship with her and Jive but seeing as Larry is always crafting new pop girls every minute shows his obsession with creating his “perfect” popstar. She keeps pushing for different sounds while he likes to stick to cliche safe pop. 

55 minutes ago, Notorious I.G.G.Y. said:

Maybe if we ask the guy he'll say what he remembers the director telling him about the original story for it?

I mean he was very tightlipped for a reason. I doubt he plans on spilling the beans anytime soon

On the other hand however we still have both Sarfaty and Cromey

We know for a fact that storyboards of Sarfaty's original treatment were made. Do you think that after all this time, even if he signed an NDA, he still isn't allowed to publicly say anything about it? It's been over 10 ******* years :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

I just did a quick Google search and Michael Cromey has less than a thousand followers on Instagram. It can't be that hard to try and get him to do one of Jordan's squeaky clean Q&A's, it's been ages since the Jon Asher one

Also he seems to be the most willing to share any piece of information out of the three. After all he was the one who leaked the deleted scenes. I'm sure he knows at least something about the original concept

Archived