My Only Wish This Year was played 710,204 times yesterday!

Slayer

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JackSProductions said:

Honestly if My Only Wish had the right promo and was properly released as a single AND had a memorable video, it would be a Classic much faster. It would be played every year on the music channels (such as MTV Xmas) and would’ve been recognised as a classic a lot earlier on :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

Yeah I really don’t get why Jive didn’t push the song harder and why Britney has pretty much acted like it doesn’t exist....she’s never performed it. 

If it had a video and she performed it at least a couple times when it was released it would’ve blown up similarly to how Kelly’s Underneath The Tree did. I mean Wiki does have it listed as a classic Christmas song because it does manage to get replayed every year but my local stations no longer play it, the stopped a few years ago sadly.

3 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Artists get like no money from streams! 

Yes, I realize that, and as I said in my second post...

12 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

And that's a good point, I just worry that it further incentivizes her imprisonment for everyone involved, like the label, Bessemer Trust, etc.

I'm not saying to boycott the brand and not stream because literally 75% of the time I listen to Britney through streaming. But I was just saying that I hate the thought that the GP are just streaming these songs and making her conservatorship more valuable (and not just monetary value) without even realizing it. I suppose I should've phrased my original post a little better. 

16 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

That's nothing for such a great achievement... Can you actually earn money as a musician nowadays? I mean, any regular musician/singer...

well currently not for me anyway,

my first album did 250k streams and the costs to get there...well

:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Archived