Charli D'Amelio crosses the 100 million followers mark on TikTok

• Leader

16-year-old Charli D'Amelio has more than 100 million followers on TikTok. 

As The Verge points out: "She’s the first by some distance, too — only two other creators have cracked 50 million. On TikTok, that makes her more than twice as big as Will Smith, three times as big as The Rock, four times as big as Selena Gomez, and five times as big as Kylie Jenner and Ariana Grande."

Charli started TikTok in May of 2019....

She also recently made the news because of some drama about how she treated her chef.

I mean... 100 million omg. That's unfathomable. 

I feel old :orangu_orangutan_ape:

charli.jpg.2d5716389bf277f8ffd35bfb5790d29a.jpg

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

A girl dancing for 15-sec videoclips is the death of society? :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

Not her in particular. I just think people who make millions for dancing for 15 seconds or whatever else they do just promotes a superficial society. I mean look at most of these TikTok stars,  they are all about partying, during a pandemic mind you, and basing self worth based on the car you drive, or how big your house is blah blah. No real talent, but its all good to each their own

• Love 5
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, Garrett said:

Not her in particular. I just think people who make millions for dancing for 15 seconds or whatever else they do just promotes a superficial society. I mean look at most of these TikTok stars,  they are all about partying, during a pandemic mind you, and basing self worth based on the car you drive, or how big your house is blah blah. No real talent, but its all good to each their own

Oh okay I see where yr coming from, I just think saying some immature teenagers who are taking this whole situation with a grain of salt are the death of society was kind of exaggerating 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Garrett said:

Difference is Britney has talent and was famous all the while being humble. 

Yea, but that's irrelevant. The point is they said the same of Britney, people don't like new things. Doesn't matter who it is or what they do.  She's the first to 100 millio, so clearly she's doing something right.

• Love 4

She's a 16 year old with 100 million followers... That's nuts. There's no way her mind is prepared for that. No one should be envious of that. I hope she has real family support, otherwise she'llhave serious issues later on in life.

Oh and I googled that story with her chef faster than Danica because #drama but as usual it is all blown way out of proportion and she wasn't even rude towards the chef, just understandably grossed out at a snail in the food. If anything, her older sister Dixie's reaction was more problematic (who barfs near a family dinner? Girl, get it together...). Again, she has a hundred million followers... Of course there's gonna be stupid drama.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Garrett said:

I think it's cool that anyone can hit it big, and that there's so many relatable and independent creators instead of the corporate garbage that used to be shoved down people's throats left and right. However, that's the problem - even platforms like YouTube have turned into corporate garbage. Furthermore, so many of the biggest influencers are terrible role models because of how superficial and fake they are; though, by the looks of it, Charli seems to be one of the least problematic ones at least. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Like 3
1 minute ago, bitbitboi said:

She's a 16 year old with 100 million followers... That's nuts. There's no way her mind is prepared for that. No one should be envious of that. I hope she has real family support, otherwise she'llhave serious issues later on in life.

Oh and I googled that story with her chef faster than Danica because #drama but as usual it is all blown way out of proportion and she wasn't even rude towards the chef, just understandably grossed out at a snail in the food. If anything, her older sister Dixie's reaction was more problematic (who barfs near a family dinner? Girl, get it together...). Again, she has a hundred million followers... Of course there's gonna be stupid drama.

Dixie made a video and said that part of the video was scripted and to help get out a reaction from her so technically even that can’t be considered problematic, because her family and that chef know each other and have had a strong bond for many years ezgif-3-d0eb933f05c8.gif

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Don’t compare this talentless brat to one of the most talented artists to ever walk this earth. Let’s not compare both of them at the age of 18 :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing: congrats to her for being watched by millions for doing the bare minimum 

These tik-tok stars are actually quite smart. This is a business. These are business people. You cannot deny this. 

They aren't getting famous for their tiktoking, it's the deals their putting in place before their 15 minutes ends.

Josh Richards, Bryce Hall etc.. are all very smart business people. They are angel investors in million dollar companies now, along with doing brand deals, and podcasts.

Whether we agree with it or not, the ones who are becoming huge - there's a strategy behind it.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block