This Day in Pop: Alizée's debut album Gourmandises turns 20 (November 21)

gourmandises.jpg.2420974f14af2cb5c979c949d76c26b4.jpg  EnaYC56XUAEvjbQ?format=png&name=900x900

I'm like hours late but yesterday Alizée's debut album Gourmandises was released in France!

"The album, written by Farmer and composed by Boutonnat, sold over 788,000 copies in France – it reached Platinum status in just three months. In 2001, the album was launched internationally and Alizée became the highest-selling female French singer ever. The album went on to sell over two million copies worldwide."

Here is @PokemonSpears's thread for Moi...Lolita's anniversary earlier this year:

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Ooo~ nice!

Whose this Alzee girl? 

11 hours ago, Needleney said:

She was the Britney from France in 2000. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

@Blackout2006 What Needleney said!^ She achieved success worldwide (at least throughout Europe). Her debut was very successful and controversial 'cause obviously Lolita is controversial, she was 15 at the time. I recommend you give her a listen, she served bops!:

I 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Needleney said:

She was the Britney from France in 2000. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

3 hours ago, ExXL said:

I'm sorry but this video ended me 

kim kardashian school GIF

3 hours ago, Needleney said:

I know, its awfull. Like, AWFULL.

sorry for ruining this Alizee celebration. :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

Noooo not this video :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Someone was using this to drag an Alizée stan in the K-pop thread on ATRL the other day, it's apparently conveniently blocked in France :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/274129-k-pop-discussion-plagaespa-new-gg-inspired-by-all-the-gg/page/3057/?tab=comments#comment-17585710

13 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

2000 was such a good year in music :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

From a U.S. citizen, the fact that it was a French song that sounded "unqiue" like this that achieved success is so cool and especially the fact that it's from the 2000s. I feel like the 2000s is usually ignored (not in terms of nostalgia) as in you would expect the last international hit French song to be like in 80s instead and not the 00s sounding like this if you get what I mean haha.

Also @PokemonSpears would you be interested in being part of the Twitter Team?! @Jordan Miller

33 minutes ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

@Blackout2006 What Needleney said!^ She achieved success worldwide (at least throughout Europe). Her debut was very successful and controversial 'cause obviously Lolita is controversial, she was 15 at the time. I recommend you give her a listen, she served bops!:

I 

She became very popular in Mexico (and the rest of Latin America, though I don't know if to the same extent as Mexico) when her song J'en Ai Marre was discovered through the internet. 

The video of one of the performances of that song is one of the first viral videos I remember ever watching, around 2005-2006 (I know now the song came out earlier, but we just discovered it then).

She eventually came to visit us, even participating in a telenovela, and her album whatever it was with the Mademoiselle Juliette song was very popular, I think she even released a special album for Mexico. 

But after a song she released in 2010 she just disappeared.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

Noooo not this video :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Someone was using this to drag an Alizée stan in the K-pop thread on ATRL the other day, it's apparently conveniently blocked in France :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/274129-k-pop-discussion-plagaespa-new-gg-inspired-by-all-the-gg/page/3057/?tab=comments#comment-17585710

I mean , I love alizee , she and Britney has so much in common, and both of them are family persons , they don't like publicity and fame , they like simplicity , Alizee was Lucky enough to run from the spotlight while Britney is still trying...... , But if they wanted they could slay everyday 😉.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block