This Day in Pop: Alizée's debut album Gourmandises turns 20 (November 21)

13 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

She became very popular in Mexico (and the rest of Latin America, though I don't know if to the same extent as Mexico) when her song J'en Ai Marre was discovered through the internet. 

The video of one of the performances of that song is one of the first viral videos I remember ever watching, around 2005-2006 (I know now the song came out earlier, but we just discovered it then).

She eventually came to visit us, even participating in a telenovela, and her album whatever it was with the Mademoiselle Juliette song was very popular, I think she even released a special album for Mexico. 

But after a song she released in 2010 she just disappeared.

Mademoiselle Juliette is the first single off Psychédélices. Alizée then released Une enfant du siècle (2005), 5 (2010) and Blonde (2014).

Alizée still occasionally performs. In late 2019:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Mademoiselle Juliette is the first single off Psychédélices. Alizée then released Une enfant du siècle (2005), 5 (2010) and Blonde (2014).

Alizée still occasionally performs. In late 2019:

Yeah I saw her latest performances. People are so mean with her in the comments, but she had just had a baby there.

I also liked her song Blonde, but apparently French people hate it lol

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 6:48 AM, Greg_del said:

What do you mean by « Alizée became the highest-selling female French singer ever »? Cause clearly that’s not true. Celine Dion is the highest selling French artist ever. Her french album « D’Eux » sold 10 million copies, more than Alizée’s entire career...

I have no clue sorry that was just what the site said aksjfaslkjf

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block