Future Nostalgia vs DISCO? Which is better?

Future Nostalgia by Dua Lipa vs. DISCO by Kylie Minogue  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok so both albums were released in 2020, and both have a strong throwback 70s disco and 80s dance pop vibe. :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

This isn't about pitting two women against each other, I just think the comparison is interesting and fun! :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

I've listened to both and can't make up my mind! Do we prefer the album from disco and dance pop veteran Kylie Minogue, or newcomer Dua Lipa? Both are critically acclaimed

Bonus question: do you think Britney should release a disco album? Or do you think the trend has been overdone at this point :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

Related:

kylie-dua.jpg.a57fc5b09fc602858de2ab3cd7d51157.jpg

• Love 1

Disco, cos Kylie Minogue contained tracks that are just up there with her catalog. 

Like MuuMuse said Supernova is the long awaited sequel to Fan fav light years and proved we never left KM air. 

He also states she definitely mashed up light years and Supernova to actually include the line. 

My name is Kylie, which is an infamous dig that Kylie did in 2015 at Kylie Jenner to remind everyone. She's the original Kylie. At one point typed Kylie on google it took you to Minogue. 

By 2015. Jenner changed all that. 

So saying my name is Kylie is more relevant now. To remind people. Make Up girls aren't talent at all. 

Can't wait for the tour. 

• Love 3

My queen released her album when this **** first started and wasn’t scared about sales. She made the genre popular again and everyone else is piggybacking off that success :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile: I’m going to listen to Disco though to make a fair assessment, but besides Fever & X I haven’t listened to other albums by her. Just saw she has a Christmas album so maybe I’ll listen to that first :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

• Love 1

I feel like Future Nostalgia is a record filled with potential singles/bangers, while Disco sounds more cohesive and full of growers. I personally like Disco more. And I'm here for anything Britney wants to put herself into, especially if it's a genre she hasn't covered yet (or not enough), like disco, rock, acoustic... jazz? :katyfrog_perry_upset_um: Ok maybe I'm going too far.

By the way, to all the pop/disco music lovers: Jessie Ware's record is as good as these. I promise you it won't let you down :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

K bye :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Love 3

Future Nostalgia is more 80's inspired, even the looks, it have a lot of synths, and DISCO is, well, more 70's, even the looks and the instruments used on its production. They are both great and one can't diminish the other. 

And about "No, we've had enough disco lately." How can someone have enough of disco??? It screams gay, freedom and happiness. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block