Future Nostalgia vs DISCO? Which is better?

Future Nostalgia by Dua Lipa vs. DISCO by Kylie Minogue  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

Future Nostalgia is more 80's inspired, even the looks, it have a lot of synths, and DISCO is, well, more 70's, even the looks and the instruments used on its production. They are both great and one can't diminish the other. 

And about "No, we've had enough disco lately." How can someone have enough of disco??? It screams gay, freedom and happiness. 

I swear gay men contradicts everything about them. 

I keep telling people who say our ***uality doesn't define us. 

It kinda does cos we live in a world dominated by Straight people.

Who is preferred everywhere straight people. 

3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I swear gay men contradicts everything about them. 

I keep telling people who say our ***uality doesn't define us. 

It kinda does cos we live in a world dominated by Straight people.

Who is preferred everywhere straight people. 

I don’t think you know or get importance of the history of Disco, what it meant for gay culture, black and Latin communities. 
Get yourself informed about it and Studio 54, and after read my comment again you will understand that it’s not about the music being gayer, but the importance that it had and have to the history of the minorities. Peace and love. 

• Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...

:receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: Tough question.

Future Nostalgia is disco-inspired pop album. Dua's used a lot of samples there. I think it deserves album of the year as the whole 2020 disco-wave started with her album and The Weeknd's Blinding Light as well. 

But Kylie's Disco is more DISCO: the sound, the cohesiveness, the aesthetics, the live performances, the music videos, the lyrics. It is a bit more immersive than Future Nostalgia. It's like its own world. It feels like you're floating through time and space with the cosmological references, sounds, and colourful aesthetics. It's on the one hand a major throwback while at the same time it draws you to a futuristic place. It kind of bends time and space and distorts the perception of them.

In my opinion, Kylie did a better job there. Still love both albums though.:wink_britney_everytime_white:

As for Britney, I don't know. I've said this before but I'm not sure how she'd fit the whole 80's aesthetic. The closest we got to this was with Pretty Girls but I mean :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: Also, right now everyone seems to be going into that direction so she'd have to be innovative and not just jump on the bandwagon for the sake of commercial success. I'd vote yes just out of curiosity. 

Great thread!

• Like 1

I love both albums!

Future Nostalgia since May on repeat at my CD player, Disco is only 4 weeks old. Both album good and fresh, but for my taste Disco is more closer to my heart.

I vote for Disco.

Yes, I would like to hear new Britney’s songs like Piece Of Me, Shattered Glass or Hard To Forget Ya or What You Need...

We need Britney’s adult Disco

• Love 1

Future nostalgia is great. 

But I have to say after watching the illegal youtube rip of the live stream. 35 second audio delay to the video to avoid copyright.

It seems dua Lipa's Heart is in the club theme as she doesn't really have to perform or dance just vibe as if she's on a night out with the girls. 

So I can see the tour being more set like a club theme than the whole Aura of the Album. 

On 11/9/2020 at 8:26 AM, CantGetNoSatisfaction said:

Ok so both albums were released in 2020, and both have a strong throwback 70s disco and 80s dance pop vibe. :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

This isn't about pitting two women against each other, I just think the comparison is interesting and fun! :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

I've listened to both and can't make up my mind! Do we prefer the album from disco and dance pop veteran Kylie Minogue, or newcomer Dua Lipa? Both are critically acclaimed

Bonus question: do you think Britney should release a disco album? Or do you think the trend has been overdone at this point :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

Related:

kylie-dua.jpg.a57fc5b09fc602858de2ab3cd7d51157.jpg

I'll go with Disco because Kylie is one of my queens :brityes_britney_yes_nodding: , and it's actually her best stuff since the glorious Aphrodite. But FN is super close to it, was released earlier and has more listens overall. And Dua Lipa is here to stay.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block