Kylie Minogue's "I Love It" out midnight

Mxra

On 10/22/2020 at 4:26 PM, Britney'sBish said:

I said that but then I listened to Magic a few more times and I'm hooked.

Even Say Something is VERY SLOWLY growing on me and I initially said I really didn't like it.

This next one sounds even better!

Just reporting back to say I gave the songs another chance and I am asbolutely loving this album so far. So much better than Golden. This is the type of music Kylie really thrives in :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

This time last year I went to Zona Rosa in CDMX and danced my night away and I wanna go back to that :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: 

I think that's why the reaction is slow to this album, it's made for the dance floor, just imagine if Madonna did confessions during the pandemic. It wouldn't be so successful. I think that's why most Dance pop albums have failed.

Without a dance floor, what's the point in doing a dance album

8 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I think that's why the reaction is slow to this album, it's made for the dance floor, just imagine if Madonna did confessions during the pandemic. It wouldn't be so successful. I think that's why most Dance pop albums have failed.

Dancing in your own home hehe but honestly, I agree... maybe that’s why Folklore is so successful. It fits the aura in 2020.

• Love 1
On 10/23/2020 at 4:37 AM, corpsetranger said:

There's nothing interesting, nothing playful, nothing new. She's been the queen of playing it safe for a hot minute by now. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

That's exactly my problem with this era's singles so far: they are that kind of song which once it starts, you already know how the whole thing is going to sound... and it does just that, nothing more. Disco music is like that, actually; it's like a continuous loop of a cool beat, just add some strings and trumpets here and there. Pop, on the other hand, is the genre that isn't scared of trying new things or experimenting with what we already know. I thought that Kylie, being the pop titan that she is, would add that to this album, but it seems like she decided to be the perfect student and play by the book: she said this was going to be disco and it's disco, she sings great as usual, and she delivers nice visuals. That's it. But don't tell me that this genre excites her because that can't be true from this.

26 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

What's the tea on all that? "alienated fans" with KMO? And what about Roc Nation?

Most of the fans that have been with her since 1987 hated the album since it was an American pop album, had no European influence. 

Roc nation didn't know what to do with her, signing her when Jay Z had his personal life in a mess didn't help either. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Um, my bedroom with Rhythmic Light Panels on the wall that airplay’s from my HomePod is seething at you rn :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

BlindUnrulyCoelacanth-small.gif

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Most of the fans that have been with her since 1987 hated the album since it was an American pop album, had no European influence.

Really?? "Kiss Me Once" is not a bad album AT ALL, and it's weird to hear that her original fans wouldn't let her try new things for her, even more so with already 10 studio albums under her belt by then. They actually should be the first to understand that an artist needs to change it up a bit from time to time, as long as they do a good job at it, and Kylie always does that (I'm having my doubts with "Disco", though... It sounds so uninspired so far); something totally different is Madonna with "MDNA", which is a DISASTROUS record, even worse coming from such a pro.

8 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Really?? "Kiss Me Once" is not a bad album AT ALL, and it's weird to hear that her original fans wouldn't let her try new things for her, even more so with already 10 studio albums under her belt by then. They actually should be the first to understand that an artist needs to change it up a bit from time to time, as long as they do a good job at it, and Kylie always does that (I'm having my doubts with "Disco", though... It sounds so uninspired so far); something totally different is Madonna with "MDNA", which is a DISASTROUS record, even worse coming from such a pro.

They liked PWL and everything from light years to Aphrodite.

They are happy the eurodisco queen they love is back.

Most also hate 1994's Kylie Minogue and 1997's impossible Princess. That should tell you. They liked Kylie as the producers artist. Not an artists at all. 

That's why I think disco happened. So she could please that audience

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block