Has BTS Possibly Surpassed Prime-Britney

Blackout2006

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I'm younger than 14 years old

:airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

I hope you guys stanning GOD is not just a phase, like it was for many others... Btw this was probably asked in other threads but what happened for you to join the fanbase ? It's not like Britney's career been very active lately :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: Also, how do people your age react when you tell them you are a fan of her ? 

Thank you :qtbrit_britney_2015_smile_happy:

It's all about impact and i personally don't feel like they have released anything that has impacted the music scene. Britney's impact was so large people are still singing songs she released 20 years ago. I don't see the same for them. 

29 minutes ago, Roger said:

:airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

I hope you guys stanning GOD is not just a phase, like it was for many others... Btw this was probably asked in other threads but what happened for you to join the fanbase ? It's not like Britney's career been very active lately :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: Also, how do people your age react when you tell them you are a fan of her ? 

Thank you :qtbrit_britney_2015_smile_happy:

It's not just a phase, fan for life and she's the only pop music act that I'm a fan of to this extent. :)

It was her old music, I've known about Britney since I was very young though cause I remember when she was still extremely popular back in 2012 and of course, as a tiny child I knew her classic songs from before I was born. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Last year me and my friend were just having fun on the school bus by speaking about random things and then my friend told me to check out that "Oops!... I Did It Again song by Mariah Carey"   :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

and I remembered that Britney had a song called that and I remembered the instrumental to the song but I thought Mariah had a song called that too. I looked it up, couldn't find any song with the title by Mariah Carey so I clicked on the official music video on the Britney Spears YouTube channel. :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

I had never seen anything like it before, like I literally hated all music before because I thought it was lame (Quirky, I know. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:) but the song was catchy and I couldn't take my eyes off Britney because of the choreography. So I then listened to ...Baby One More Time and loved it the same amount. My first reaction when I saw the thumbnail to the I'm a Slave 4 U music video was to be scared because I thought it would be not very appropriate for my age so I sticked to only Britney's first two albums until one day I watched the 2001 VMAs performance and I think that and when I started listening to the rest of her discography was when I became a forever fan. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Since it took me such a while to listen to her discography (I wanted to savour it), it took me a long time to realize that Britney was under a conservatorship and there wasn't many things going on at the time because at the time, I thought she was still performing and working on new music. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

My friends personally aren't really into her music but they're very supportive and they have fun talking with me about her music. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Sorry for the lengthy response! May I ask, what are your favourite Britney albums? :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

4 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

It's not just a phase, fan for life and she's the only pop music act that I'm a fan of to this extent. :)

It was her old music, I've known about Britney since I was very young though cause I remember when she was still extremely popular back in 2012 and of course, as a tiny child I knew her classic songs from before I was born. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Last year me and my friend were just having fun on the school bus by speaking about random things and then my friend told me to check out that "Oops!... I Did It Again song by Mariah Carey"   :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

and I remembered that Britney had a song called that and I remembered the instrumental to the song but I thought Mariah had a song called that too. I looked it up, couldn't find any song with the title by Mariah Carey so I clicked on the official music video on the Britney Spears YouTube channel. :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

I had never seen anything like it before, like I literally hated all music before because I thought it was lame (Quirky, I know. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:) but the song was catchy and I couldn't take my eyes off Britney because of the choreography. So I then listened to ...Baby One More Time and loved it the same amount. My first reaction when I saw the thumbnail to the I'm a Slave 4 U music video was to be scared because I thought it would be not very appropriate for my age so I sticked to only Britney's first two albums until one day I watched the 2001 VMAs performance and I think that and when I started listening to the rest of her discography was when I became a forever fan. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Since it took me such a while to listen to her discography (I wanted to savour it), it took me a long time to realize that Britney was under a conservatorship and there wasn't many things going on at the time because at the time, I thought she was still performing and working on new music. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

My friends personally aren't really into her music but they're very supportive and they have fun talking with me about her music. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Sorry for the lengthy response! May I ask, what are your favourite Britney albums? :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

I must protect you at all costs.

Coming from someone born in 1991 and been a “forever fan” your response brought me to tears. You weren’t around to experience the phenomena of THE Britney Spears back in her prime... but you still saw it in her years later.

my favorite Britney albums are blackout and in the zone btw. What’re yours?

It may seem like they are because they are constantly trending, #1s here and there but tbh the answer is no, not yet. They just don't have songs that everybody knows (kids, teens and adults) seems like adults don't know their songs like Britney's. I do think they are excellent performers and they can easily have a respectful hit pop album as long as they have unique work. They don't stand out on their songs. Their work ethic and heart are out of this world though. They can do it.

23 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Aww this was so cute :clap1_britney_clapping_chaotic_night_yay_cheer_excited::bigkiss_britney_kissing:  I love reading stories like yours. It amazes me how she can attract new and young fans when she has basically retired. She's such an icon :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

I thought that people your age did not know even know who she was... Have you listened to her unreleased stuff (Everyday, Strangest Love, 911, Telephone demo etc) ? There's so much to catch up for new fans... Also, have you listened to And Then We Kiss and the recording sessions of Break The Ice ? :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

Personally my fave albums are Blackout and Godcus. I can't believe you could not even speak or walk when she released these albums... I feel like Nosferatu right now tenor.gif

What are your fave albums ? Sending you and @Blackout2006 much love. Let the young generation know about the Holy Spearit :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

Archived