Has BTS Possibly Surpassed Prime-Britney

Blackout2006

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Roger said:

Aww this was so cute :clap1_britney_clapping_chaotic_night_yay_cheer_excited::bigkiss_britney_kissing:  I love reading stories like yours. It amazes me how she can attract new and young fans when she has basically retired. She's such an icon :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

2 minutes ago, Roger said:

Also, have you listened to And Then We Kiss

The remix is my favourite song she's ever released. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

3 minutes ago, Roger said:

Personally my fave albums are Blackout and Godcus. I can't believe you could not even speak or walk when she released these albums... I feel like Nosferatu right now tenor.gif

Elite musical taste. :clap1_britney_clapping_chaotic_night_yay_cheer_excited:

3 minutes ago, Roger said:

I thought that people your age did not know even know who she was... Have you listened to her unreleased stuff (Everyday, Strangest Love, 911, Telephone demo etc) ? There's so much to catch up for new fans...

:yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

4 minutes ago, Roger said:

recording sessions of Break The Ice ? :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

More proof she can outsing most of the pop music industry. :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

6 minutes ago, Roger said:

What are your fave albums ? Sending you and @Blackout2006 much love. Let the young generation know about the Holy Spearit :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

Thank you so much, you guys are super friendly. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

27 minutes ago, iamsodramatic said:

I must protect you at all costs.

Coming from someone born in 1991 and been a “forever fan” your response brought me to tears. You weren’t around to experience the phenomena of THE Britney Spears back in her prime... but you still saw it in her years later.

my favorite Britney albums are blackout and in the zone btw. What’re yours?

Now you're going to make me tear up. You're so kind. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Amazing musical taste you have, my favourite albums go back and forth between Britney (2001), Blackout and In The Zone. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

3 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

The remix is my favourite song she's ever released. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

Elite musical taste. :clap1_britney_clapping_chaotic_night_yay_cheer_excited:

:yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

More proof she can outsing most of the pop music industry. :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Thank you so much, you guys are super friendly. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Exhale was called Exhell for years, it was such a negative place full of B's haters (well, most of them were fans who trolled but still). It had its moments but in those dark times, let's spread positivity :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

1 hour ago, Roger said:

Aww this was so cute :clap1_britney_clapping_chaotic_night_yay_cheer_excited::bigkiss_britney_kissing:  I love reading stories like yours. It amazes me how she can attract new and young fans when she has basically retired. She's such an icon :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

I thought that people your age did not know even know who she was... Have you listened to her unreleased stuff (Everyday, Strangest Love, 911, Telephone demo etc) ? There's so much to catch up for new fans... Also, have you listened to And Then We Kiss and the recording sessions of Break The Ice ? :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

Personally my fave albums are Blackout and Godcus. I can't believe you could not even speak or walk when she released these albums... I feel like Nosferatu right now tenor.gif

What are your fave albums ? Sending you and @Blackout2006 much love. Let the young generation know about the Holy Spearit :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

Have u see those react videos? Teens always know who shes and almost every single one of them can guess her hits.

2 hours ago, Roger said:

I can't believe that a 14yo is a Britney fan in 2020. Transgenerational queen ! Please don't leave the fanbase like many others did once they were adults :howdareyou_meme_cat:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

But i can tell you as a very young fan, that atleast 40% of the Britney Fandom are from younger generations, trust me :wink_britney_everytime_white:

My sister was a huge fan of Britney growing up in the 00s as a millenial and not to mention how Criminal and If U Seek Amy were part of my childhood :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

1 hour ago, Roger said:

I am curious: how did you, a 14yo, became of a 38yo woman who peaked in the early '00s ?

I am mind blown :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

I am not asking this in a rude way btw :kisses_britney_kiss_blow_womanizer_love_circus:2008:

Well she was part of my childhood with her songs Criminal and If You Seek Amy :) 

In 2018, the pop scene was basically d.e.a.d so i found myself listening to more older music from the 90s-00s which included Britney Spears :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

My sister too introduced me more songs of Britney like BOMT, OIDIA and etc 

But i was just a casual listener of her music. When i decided to put my headphones on to Blackout, thats when i became a Forever (21 :clownery_makeup_meme:) stan of Britney, thats why i love the album so much :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

Also, you asked a question what do my friends think of it? Yeah, they aren't interested in Britneys music (despite stanning stars who r clearly inspired by Britney :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:). All my friends love Toxic tho such a timeless bop :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: And they know all her iconic songs so yeah :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Well she was part of my childhood with her songs Criminal and If You Seek Amy :) 

In 2018, the pop scene was basically d.e.a.d so i found myself listening to more older music from the 90s-00s which included Britney Spears :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

My sister too introduced me more songs of Britney like BOMT, OIDIA and etc 

But i was just a casual listener of her music. When i decided to put my headphones on to Blackout, thats when i became a Forever (21 :clownery_makeup_meme:) stan of Britney, thats why i love the album so much :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

Also, you asked a question what do my friends think of it? Yeah, they aren't interested in Britneys music (despite stanning stars who r clearly inspired by Britney :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:). All my friends love Toxic tho such a timeless bop :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: And they know all her iconic songs so yeah :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

I feel so good knowing there's young blood in the fanbase, I did not expect it. Next era's commercial success depends on you guys, we dinosaurs do not even know how to open spotify :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Sales are less important than impact on general public.
Britney was absolutely a game changer, she has influenced every single artist after her and her legacy is still here strong than ever. 
These guys are completely irrilevant and i, like 90% of general public , can't name one of them song 

i recall getting into an argument in twitter with a fan of theirs in 2017, when both Britney and BTS had concerts here in Manila. she was comparing how BTS sold out their concert in minutes while Britney still had several seats available at the time. and i was like, gorl:

• B-Army are mostly rich so we are fighting for front seats and are willing and can afford to pay scalpers $1,000 for VIP tickets; i can still recall how people are complaining how fastly the VIP and Patron seats sold out, the lower and upper box seats are mostly taken by defeated gays hence Britney's concert did not sell out as fast as BTS did
  • Britney's tickets are thrice as expensive as BTS; VIP was about $600 and GA was $60 while BTS had $200 for VIP and $20 for GA :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:
  • literally no one outside of their fanbase are interested about them while Britney had generations in her concert - fans of all shapes, gender, race, age. emphasis on gender and age, i saw straight guys and old women in Britney's concert, i don't think the same can be said about BTS

still, they are talented and may be credited in the future for helping putting K-pop into wider audience around the world but i don't think they are remotely close to how Britney was in her prime

12 hours ago, Itachi said:

i recall getting into an argument in twitter with a fan of theirs in 2017, when both Britney and BTS had concerts here in Manila. she was comparing how BTS sold out their concert in minutes while Britney still had several seats available at the time. and i was like, gorl:

• B-Army are mostly rich so we are fighting for front seats and are willing and can afford to pay scalpers $1,000 for VIP tickets; i can still recall how people are complaining how fastly the VIP and Patron seats sold out, the lower and upper box seats are mostly taken by defeated gays hence Britney's concert did not sell out as fast as BTS did
  • Britney's tickets are thrice as expensive as BTS; VIP was about $600 and GA was $60 while BTS had $200 for VIP and $20 for GA :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:
  • literally no one outside of their fanbase are interested about them while Britney had generations in her concert - fans of all shapes, gender, race, age. emphasis on gender and age, i saw straight guys and old women in Britney's concert, i don't think the same can be said about BTS

still, they are talented and may be credited in the future for helping putting K-pop into wider audience around the world but i don't think they are remotely close to how Britney was in her prime

This :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

Archived