Has BTS Possibly Surpassed Prime-Britney

Blackout2006

**DISCLAIMER**

I dont in opinion believe they have but just wanted to bring up the discussion and if they actually did. 

THIS IS JUST A DISCUSSION/QUESTION. So Please dont get ti confused with me saying that BTS have surpassed Primeney but genuinely asking if they have

It was the year 2017, the music scene was dominated by hip-hop and Latin music as streaming reached further heights and its peak in the digital age. Despacito dominated the radios and playlist of every person who was a fan of the song. Lorde arguably released the best album of the 2017 and Billie Eilish debuted with her EP "Dont Smile At Me". In a time when pop was essentially dead, A small K-Pop Boy band by the name of Bangtan Boys also known as famously BTS released "Love Yourself: Her" and released two of their biggest singles at the time, DNA and MicDrop. Lets just say the album became a PHENOMENON. It gathered 1,057,000 pre-orders for the copies, become the first ever K-Pop album to ever have a 1.000.000+ pre-orders. The album debuted at #1 in the GAON Charts (Korean Charts) and become the highest-selling K-Pop release of all time selling 1.61 million copies. Whereas for the singles, DNA and MicDrop became huge hits marking the breakout for the group. Then in the following years, BTS would release the full Love Yourself Series, the Map Of The Soul EP, and their most successful album, Map Of The Soul: 7 certifying their peak status becoming already the best-selling album of this year. Their new song Dynamite has already become one of the hugest hits of the year, becoming the most-viewed video within 24 hours, debuting at #1 and becoming the first K-Pop #1 Song.

Bnagtan.PNG.cd23a0ce5ebcb9659ef420cb4ba51ce6.PNG

As BTS are the biggest artist in the world right now, is it possible that they have surpassed Britneys prime? What do you think? Lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely not. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

They haven't had an album sell as much as ...Baby One More Time. Most of the general public didn't know or care BTS was releasing an album or a song, you KNEW when Britney was releasing an album, excessive streaming can't compare to the best selling album by a teenage solo artist. They don't have as much marketing, as many iconic performances, etc. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

I think they are 2 very different phenomena. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:
 A band will always have a better reception than a soloist because there are different members for each consumer.
But a soloist that everyone likes? only some. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:
 BTS could be something like Nsync or Backstreet boys, but there is such a time difference to compare which was more popular that in the end it would take a very complicated math equation (and NO, data visualization is clearly not reliable). :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:
 I think it would be better to compare the best artists of 2020 with other outstanding artists of 2020, not with those of 20 years ago. 

Like it was previously said they are popular with the young generation. I've never even heard a BTS song in my live or on the radio or mentioned anywhere but online. They are a niche that has become very succesfull but apart from people who listen to them no one knows who they are. When Britney was in her prime EVERYONE knew who she was, whether they listened to her songs or not, even my grandma. No one I know listens or mention BTS, so no they dont even come close to her.

37 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Absolutely not. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

They haven't had an album sell as much as ...Baby One More Time. Most of the general public didn't know or care BTS was releasing an album or a song, you KNEW when Britney was releasing an album, excessive streaming can't compare to the best selling album by a teenage solo artist. They don't have as much marketing, as many iconic performances, etc. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

However all the sales i mentioned now are pure. U cannot deny their pure sales

But yes your right :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

1 hour ago, Roger said:

I don't think so, BTS are very popular amongst the young generation but a lot of people do not know about them. Britney was/is known by everybody, not just the youngsters.

6 minutes ago, Alex1991 said:

Like it was previously said they are popular with the young generation. I've never even heard a BTS song in my live or on the radio or mentioned anywhere but online. They are a niche that has become very succesfull but apart from people who listen to them no one knows who they are. When Britney was in her prime EVERYONE knew who she was, whether they listened to her songs or not, even my grandma. No one I know listens or mention BTS, so no they dont even come close to her.

Honestly as a youngster, i do have to confirm that you have a point. Whenever i say the word BTS, my teachers and even my mom and dad give me the ":huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:". I would have to explain who they are for them to even remember, lol. I think almost everyone knows britney lol no matter age-range.

Archived