Why did Britney never perform Cinderella live?

Mgmgmgmg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

It's pretty well-documented that Britney hated both "Cinderella" and "Bombastic Love" back in the day. JIVE wanted both of them to be singles, but when they shoved the "Crossroads" songs into "Britney", Britney managed to get them replaced with INAGNYAW and ILRNR.

I think she grew a lot right when "Britney" was released and those songs weren't on her maturity level anymore. "Cinderella" could have been a smash hit if it was released in the Oops era. 

3 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Sadly its cause she hated it.

I never understood why singers record songs if they hate them

I guess contract obligations? Not sure.  I think when singers record new songs, it's usually a lot more than what makes it to the album in the end, so my guess is that Britney didn't like Cinderella that much but her label did?:cooltshirt_thumbs_up_britney_pom_piece_of_me:

Much like with Gaga's case. Dance in the Dark is probably my most favourite song of hers but it was the label's idea to push it for a single release; Gaga fought for Alejandro amd won in the end. Alejandro remains a classic but DITD should've received an awesome video. Oh well. :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

Anyway, Cinderella's one of my favourite songs off the Britney album. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I'M SORRY TO SAY I'M RUNNING AWAY NOW, DON'T WORRY, YOU'LL BE ALRIGHT.:katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing: I'M RUNNING AWAY, I MADE UP MY MIND NOW, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO LET ME GOOOOO. :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:CUZ SHE'S GOT TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing::katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing::katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

• Super Mods
14 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

I guess contract obligations? Not sure.  I think when singers record new songs, it's usually a lot more than what makes it to the album in the end, so my guess is that Britney didn't like Cinderella that much but her label did?:cooltshirt_thumbs_up_britney_pom_piece_of_me:

Much like with Gaga's case. Dance in the Dark is probably my most favourite song of hers but it was the label's idea to push it for a single release; Gaga fought for Alejandro amd won in the end. Alejandro remains a classic but DITD should've received an awesome video. Oh well. :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

Anyway, Cinderella's one of my favourite songs off the Britney album. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I'M SORRY TO SAY I'M RUNNING AWAY NOW, DON'T WORRY, YOU'LL BE ALRIGHT.:katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing: I'M RUNNING AWAY, I MADE UP MY MIND NOW, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO LET ME GOOOOO. :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:CUZ SHE'S GOT TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing::katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing::katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

Yeah I guess that makes sense, although its weird that she got writing credits on it.

Omg I remember Dance In The Dark, I havent heard that or the Fame Monster album in YEARS!

It most likely still a bop 

5 hours ago, Towelney said:

Probably the same reason she’s never performed My Prerogative :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Maybe she’ll perform it one day :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

She was able to cover but had no right to perform it as I remember.

”Cinderella”, “bombastic love”, “let me be”, “lonely”  should have been a singles not “boys” and ilrar(those videos are hot af btw)..

why could Beyoncé shoot video on every single track on album and Britney don’t?! ..  “Britney” and “blackout” would be like an atomic explosion imo..😌

Ok bye 🥴

3 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah I guess that makes sense, although its weird that she got writing credits on it.

Omg I remember Dance In The Dark, I havent heard that or the Fame Monster album in YEARS!

It most likely still a bop 

Interesting. But tbh it sounds like a song from Oops so it might have been a reject? Who knows? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Well, I hadn't known Gaga's catalogue that well prior Chromatica's release when I decided to look into her older stuff and oh my Dance In The Dark just stuck in my head for weeks on repeat. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

8 hours ago, popprison said:

I think she grew a lot right when "Britney" was released and those songs weren't on her maturity level anymore. "Cinderella" could have been a smash hit if it was released in the Oops era. 

Cinderella and ESPECIALLY Bombastic Love should’ve been on Oops. They would’ve fitted perfectly. Personally Cinderella & Bombastic Love are favourites of mine from the Britney album, but I’m an Oops stan and that’s probably why I like them so much.

They do fit on the album, but only because of other songs like Not A Girl for example. If it didn’t have other crossroad songs on, it would be like having Slave on Oops :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

9 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Ugh yes Dance in the Dark...

We'll just have to live with this as the closest thing we'll get to a music video. Epic!

2 minutes ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

Ugh yes Dance in the Dark...

We'll just have to live with this as the closest thing we'll get to a music video. Epic!

The intro is :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

I love the idea of her literally dancing  singing and posing in the dark :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Ugh the song is so good. No wonder it got nominated for a Grammy:heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

This is a nice visionary :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

1 minute ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

The intro is :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

I love the idea of her literally dancing  singing and posing in the dark :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Ugh the song is so good. No wonder it got nominated for a Grammy:heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

This is a nice visionary :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

And who can forget this heartbreaking rendition at the 2010 Brits...

With added lyrics to Telephone that we never heard again:

It's not that I don't like you
I'm just trying to pass the time,
Going through my closets,
Finding clothes that poets rhyme.
Or maybe I'll just take the train,
To Marble Arch, and then,
I just won't get off at all,
I'll keep myself movin', keep movin'.

15 minutes ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

And who can forget this heartbreaking rendition at the 2010 Brits...

With added lyrics to Telephone that we never heard again:

It's not that I don't like you
I'm just trying to pass the time,
Going through my closets,
Finding clothes that poets rhyme.
Or maybe I'll just take the train,
To Marble Arch, and then,
I just won't get off at all,
I'll keep myself movin', keep movin'.

Yeah, I understand her being artsy and stuff but my ears don't really like the instrumental behind Dance in the dark here. I love the synth a bit too much from the original. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams::demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Archived