Why did Britney never perform Cinderella live?

Mgmgmgmg

Because although Cinderella is one super bop like all the songs from the Grammy nominated Britney album #whenwillyourfaves :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky: it's actually a little embarrassing to sing a song with a fairy tale theme singing lyrics like "you'd call me Cinderella. All you had to do was yell and i'd be there for you." :ehidk_britney_um_eek: It's a bit child-ish and that wasn't where her head's at in 2001. :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake: She was at the time not a girl (anymore), not yet a woman so it wouldn't make sense for her to be promoting a song with an ultra cringe title such as 'Cinderella'. It just wasn't the vibe then. :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Because although Cinderella is one super bop like all the songs from the Grammy nominated Britney album #whenwillyourfaves :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky: it's actually a little embarrassing to sing a song with a fairy tale theme singing lyrics like "you'd call me Cinderella. All you had to do was yell and i'd be there for you." :ehidk_britney_um_eek: It's a bit child-ish and that wasn't where her head's at in 2001. :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake: She was at the time not a girl (anymore), not yet a woman so it wouldn't make sense for her to be promoting a song with an ultra cringe title such as 'Cinderella'. It just wasn't the vibe then. :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

Why do you think it has become such a fan favorite? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

To be fair, it might not even be because she hated it or Boomtastic Love. When artists tour the first and  second album, they can sing near enough every song because its  only 15-20 songs altogether and that fills a hour and a half concert. Once they get to album 3, they are up to over 30 songs and so if they sang every song off all three albums the show would be over 2 and a 1/2 - 3hrs and even longer when they tour album 4, 5 and so on. and they cant miss out their biggest hits so inevitably album tracks that werent singles get pushed out of setlists

what i dont understand is why the hell does she STILL perform I Love Rock n Roll?? i mean 1. its just a cover she did for her movie 18 years ago and 2. i know it did ok but it wasnt a massive hit for her. i like it, i just dont understand why she chooses to perform it instead of one of her own songs

7 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

To be fair, it might not even be because she hated it or Boomtastic Love. When artists tour the first and  second album, they can sing near enough every song because its  only 15-20 songs altogether and that fills a hour and a half concert. Once they get to album 3, they are up to over 30 songs and so if they sang every song off all three albums the show would be over 2 and a 1/2 - 3hrs and even longer when they tour album 4, 5 and so on. and they cant miss out their biggest hits so inevitably album tracks that werent singles get pushed out of setlists

what i dont understand is why the hell does she STILL perform I Love Rock n Roll?? i mean 1. its just a cover she did for her movie 18 years ago and 2. i know it did ok but it wasnt a massive hit for her. i like it, i just dont understand why she chooses to perform it instead of one of her own songs

Well she does use a big prop for it and it’s a show stopper, quite the sell to go see Britney live riding a guitar tbh. It’s attention grabbing and highlight of her shows and maybe she really likes the song a lot. 

1 minute ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Well she does use a big prop for it and it’s a show stopper, quite the sell to go see Britney live riding a guitar tbh. It’s attention grabbing and highlight of her shows and maybe she really likes the song a lot. 

We all know that Brit loves playing a character. She loves playing that rocker chick! :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

• Super Mods
19 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Interesting. But tbh it sounds like a song from Oops so it might have been a reject? Who knows? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Well, I hadn't known Gaga's catalogue that well prior Chromatica's release when I decided to look into her older stuff and oh my Dance In The Dark just stuck in my head for weeks on repeat. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

Yeah I could totally see Cinderella as an Oops song since it has so much attitude and feistiness to it.

The Fame Monster is definitely one of Gaga's BEST albums

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Sometimes it's contractual obligations, sometimes it's executive meddling, and sometimes you like the song at first, but then you look back and you hate it.

Yeah and I also just realized, it could be the production of it. Like the song was originally supposed to be something else that wasnt planned, so the singer doesnt like it

1 hour ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

For some reason I could see Justin making fun of Cinderella and Britney hating it because of that :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

Well, he was pushing her to do more R&B songs, he even asked Pharrell to work with her lol later he told the album was ****

But she still released Over as a single and its quite poppy too

12 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Yea def she’s Deff a rocker girl.. it’s evident in some songs likes rock n roll.  I loved don’t keep me waiting.. shoulda coulda been a single 😖😭

but then if she likes being a rock chick on stage, why has she never performed DKMW??

Archived