Work *****... Anyone else just get annoyed by it now?

GregReid

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, GregReid said:

Just curious because whenever I listen to it now, knowing it's 99.9% Myah Marie REALLY bugs me.

And also the fact she lipped to that for nearly 6 years.

No shade at Britney, but the whole album in general ****s me off for this reason!

not the whole album but i am fed up of work *****b :)

11 hours ago, GregReid said:

Just curious because whenever I listen to it now, knowing it's 99.9% Myah Marie REALLY bugs me.

And also the fact she lipped to that for nearly 6 years.

No shade at Britney, but the whole album in general ****s me off for this reason!

Fans are divided on that issue. Some believe Myah dubbed the whole studio version except for the last two lines while others believe most of the track is a mixture of Britney's and Myah's voices (heard on different channels). I believe the latter. Myah definitely recorded background vocals for that song (and she's credited for it). 

I especially hear Myah in the bridge (higher harmony) and towards the end (whispered vocals). The last two lines are definitely Brit's. As for the rest, I do hear Britney's timbre (I believe it's a mixture of voices), but once again, not everybody agrees.

When it comes to the live Piece of Me version, it's definitely Brit only on lead vocals (Myah's only on some background vocals).

When it comes to those dubbing allegations, what we know for certain is that the "take me home" line, the "Not alone" hook of Alien and the chorus of Brightest Morning Star were dubbed (there is a cappella stem evidence, Britney's takes and Myah's takes).

Here is a new mix of Alien created by @pgl:

It has Britney singing the "take me home" line and the "Not alone" hook. pgl explained that Myah's still in the hook but on background vocals only (Ana Díaz is also on background vocals, and Anthony Preston appears in the last chorus). If you compare to the album version, you'll hear an undeniable difference.

And here's a new mix of Brightest Morning Star created by Britney In The Mix:

It has Britney singing lead vocals in the chorus instead of Myah Marie (Myah's only on background vocals in this version). Just compare to the album version, and you'll once again hear and undeniable difference. Note: These fan mixes of Alien and Brightest Morning Star are how the album versions should have sounded.

The Britney Jean booklet only credits Myah Marie for background vocals on Work *****, Tik Tik BoomTil It's GoneChillin' With You and Now That I Found You, but Myah confirmed to also have recorded vocals for Alien and Brightest Morning Star (as well as It Should Be Easy, Body AcheDon't Cry and Hold on Tight).

Source:
https://www.myahmarie.com/listen/

It Should Be Easy is all Britney w/ Myah doing background vocals in the bridge. In Tik Tik Boom, Myah sings some ad-libs, and that's fine. As for Body Ache, some, after their own analysis, believe it's all Myah Marie at 100%; others believe Myah dubbed the second verse; and others hear Britney on lead throughout the track. As for Don't Cry, it's Britney on lead all the way through (Myah only does bgv).

As for Hold on Tight, some believe Myah dubbed certain parts of it. As for Chillin' With You, some believe Myah dubbed almost all of Britney's parts. Same thing for Til It's Gone. Some think Myah dubbed most of it (I'm not convinced of that at all).

As for Now That I Found You, it's definitely Britney on lead. Britney In The Mix, however, thinks the following lines of the chorus are dubbed: "I Am Blown Away —————/-//————- All my life I’ve / For this day I’ve."

We know Myah Marie is not on Perfume at all (it's all Brit on lead w/ Sia on background vocals). And at last... Passenger.

To this day, Myah Marie never confirmed to have recorded vocals (lead or background) for that song. She even explicitly denied dubbing the chorus on Twitter:

Mmm... Britney's "enjoy the ride" take, compared to the album version, sounds much different in the acoustic mix above. IF Myah's telling the truth and did not dub parts of that song (incl. the chorus), they either used different takes of Britney's or heavily edited Britney's takes.

According to Britney In The Mix, Anthony Preston accidentally deleted Britney's chorus takes (mislabelled "Myah_Chorus_V1 & V2") and Myah's (also labelled "Myah_Chorus_V1 & V2") were used instead...

@NewDisplayName @Slayer @justiceforglory @MathCarmignani 

@sugarfallxofme @Midnight @thenight isstillyoung
 @Steel Magnolia

Work ***** never really struck me as being very Britney. It was just an over sexualised dance song that could have been given to any random singer. Had Britney had full control over her music she’d have never did a song like that I don’t think.

It’s so overrated by this fan base plus the song being all Myah annoys me a bit too. Hearing her pre recorded vocals during the BBMA performance was a nice change hearing her accent singing the song.

9 hours ago, Arckangel said:

According to Britney In The Mix, Anthony Preston accidentally deleted Britney's chorus takes (mislabelled "Myah_Chorus_V1 & V2") and Myah's (also labelled "Myah_Chorus_V1 & V2") were used instead...

i’ve always thought something like this happened, or, that britney’s vocals weren’t “good” enough tbh.

i don’t believe the thing that she “didn’t have time to record” cause there’s unused vocals for songs like passenger, brightest morning star, etc, but i still wonder why they didn’t use them.

3 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

Work ***** never really struck me as being very Britney. It was just an over sexualised dance song that could have been given to any random singer. Had Britney had full control over her music she’d have never did a song like that I don’t think.

It’s so overrated by this fan base plus the song being all Myah annoys me a bit too. Hearing her pre recorded vocals during the BBMA performance was a nice change hearing her accent singing the song.

Exactly. I loved the video. I like the song.. but i think the instrumental is better than the finished song. I dont like the lyrics at all, and i do think Myahs voice is predominant. I really don't care about WB, or BJ at all. 

17 hours ago, sugarfallxofme said:

i’ve always thought something like this happened, or, that britney’s vocals weren’t “good” enough tbh.

i don’t believe the thing that she “didn’t have time to record” cause there’s unused vocals for songs like passenger, brightest morning star, etc, but i still wonder why they didn’t use them.

The fanmade versions of Alien and Brightest Morning Star (w/ Brit on lead, Myah on bgv) sound awesome! That Britney's vocals weren't good enough is not an excuse. Britney's original "enjoy the ride" take in Passenger sounded great too. If dubbed, there was absoultely no reason to do that. 

Britney In The Mix thinks Britney may have sung several songs too low and tuning it all would make it sound too fake... No. Any competent vocal engineer (like @pgl) can tune anything. We're talking about top world-class pro record producers and engineers here...

10 hours ago, BreakTheCircus said:

I do like the song, however I rarely listen to the official release because the Myah vocals kill it for me. (I do like Myah's own songs, but can't with her on WB)

It's all so confusing sometimes... Let's compare these two tracks:

The vocal timbres sound different. I'd never think Britney performed Hell on Earth, but Body Ache has Britney's timbre, and fans can't agree on whether or not Body Ache was fully dubbed. Anyway... Britney Jean will forever remain Britney's biggest mystery!

Archived