Kim Cattrall says Madonna was originally meant to play Britney's mom in "Crossroads"

Btw I remembered smt 

In 2001 when Britney was in Brazil for Rock in Rio she talked about her people contacting Madonna, so maybe that was bc of the movie, but funny thing is she talked as if it was for a song, maybe to not say too much at the time bc it was too soon? If her team was talking to Madonna bc of Crossroads, she wouldnt talk about it before Madonna accepting anyway.

2:49

Given how Rocco was one and Lola was 5 when they filmed. 

Plus Madonna did tour in 2001, her first in 8 years, and did swept away with Guy Ritchie. ..

She would have been unavailable.

Rehearsals between February to May. 

For that Mid June launch in Barcelona tour ended in September after a slight delay called 9/11. 

Vacation in October, Promote GHV2 and the home video release of drowned world tour in November. ..

.then in greece til April shooting Swept Away. 

Plus Her debut on west end In up for grabs, Die another day filming and working on American Life (under a different title referring to a Kabbalah reference)....

She had no time. She was working non stop for four years. Bless my workaholic fav. A classic Leo trait. 

• Love 1

It was all over the news back then.Brit wanted Madonna as her mom in her film.but Madonna went furious because she said she is not that old and she see herself more as a teenager. She thought that was very rude of Britney to offer her the role. The were rumors too both have planned a duet. But because of this, it was quit. People were surprised when MATM happened and both were on stage together and everything was fine between them.

• Super Mods
10 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

We know why it didn’t happen, Madonna said I could never be seen as her mother! We all know Madonna never wants or wanted to appear old/older so I can see that being the reason 

She could’ve played the cool mom :imacoolmom_mean_girls_amy_poehler_pink:

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Invitation said:

Given how Madonna swept the Golden Raspberry Awards that year, her being there would make sure Crossroads was the worst film of the year, so thank God!

Edit: Wait! Wtf... How did 'Overprotected' get nominated in Worst Song category and how did a masterpiece like 'Not A Girl, Not Yet a Woman' win over 'Die Another Day'?

OVERPROTECTED WAS NOMINATED AS WORST SONG? :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:THOSE PEOPLE HAD ZERO MUSIC TASTE I GET THE MOVIE WAS BAD BUT THAT SONG IS A GEM :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

• Love 2
11 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

She was gonna play Lucy Liu’s character not Roxy. 

Yeah I knew that but There is an interview out there with the director being jokingly asked was Britney really considered. He says yes that actually she is a great actress and when he was adapting The play he invisioned Britney as Roxy but her team shot it down couldn’t do it. She didn’t even do the cameo. But she did Auston Powers Gold Member, Diet Pepsi 🍋  ad and he cameoed in her video. Britney was also supposed to star in the Notebook but Rachel McAdams stole the show. Also Catwoman that went to Halle Berry. The author of TrueBlood is a Britney fan and modeled Sookie Stackhouse after her. Brit held her own in Crossroads. SNL, she was always great on that. Will and Grace is so genius, How I Met Your Mother😂. Jane The Virgin was funny 🤣🤣she just seemed tense a bit. I think it would be fun to see her Flex her acting skills again.

18 hours ago, LordofTheMoodRing said:

Yeah I knew that but There is an interview out there with the director being jokingly asked was Britney really considered. He says yes that actually she is a great actress and when he was adapting The play he invisioned Britney as Roxy but her team shot it down couldn’t do it. She didn’t even do the cameo. But she did Auston Powers Gold Member, Diet Pepsi 🍋  ad and he cameoed in her video. Britney was also supposed to star in the Notebook but Rachel McAdams stole the show. Also Catwoman that went to Halle Berry. The author of TrueBlood is a Britney fan and modeled Sookie Stackhouse after her. Brit held her own in Crossroads. SNL, she was always great on that. Will and Grace is so genius, How I Met Your Mother😂. Jane The Virgin was funny 🤣🤣she just seemed tense a bit. I think it would be fun to see her Flex her acting skills again.

Cat Woman?