Kim Cattrall says Madonna was originally meant to play Britney's mom in "Crossroads"

• Leader

Kim Cattrall spoke with the LA Times, and her interview unearthed a super fun fact. She claims the role of Britney's mom in Crossroads was originally intended for Madonna. 

Can you imagine :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

It would've been so distracting though :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

(Playing a supporting role as Britney Spears’ mother in “Crossroads” — a part she says was originally intended for Madonna — was a bit simpler: She was “very curious” to meet Spears.)

Thoughts, Exhale?! Did anyone else know this? britney-kim.jpg.8ee1384c61012284628d1cc8fae4378f.jpg

• Love 9
  • Content Curators

Given how Madonna swept the Golden Raspberry Awards that year, her being there would make sure Crossroads was the worst film of the year, so thank God!

Edit: Wait! Wtf... How did 'Overprotected' get nominated in Worst Song category and how did a masterpiece like 'Not A Girl, Not Yet a Woman' win over 'Die Another Day'?

• Haha 5
58 minutes ago, nwonder said:

Ha yes,  I remember when this happened. I remember reading about it and apparently Madonna was offended by the very suggestion.

Im glad they went with Kim for the role any hoo 

But didnt she say on for the record that she felt very motherly towards Britney? Back in 2003 she was telling Britney not to smoke lol 

I mean Madonna is 62 years old and Britney is 38 going 39. Madonna was 42/43 when crossroads was filmed, Britney was 19. She could have been Britneys mother. When Preston turns 19 in 4 years, Britney will be 42 so :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: