Slave 4 U lyrics should be changed

PZHSB

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/18/2020 at 6:59 PM, princessmimi said:

I actually did make a thread about this a while ago but yeah it is weird for her to only lipsync to those lyrics but to lipsync actual vocals from over a decade ago.

This proves Britney is either lazy or doesnt give a fk

It's so iconic that if she changed it for live vocals it would ruin the magic.

It's as if she said It's Britney, ***** live

59 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

However singing "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman" at her 40s might sound strange :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde::imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde::imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde::imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde::imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

It wouldn't. Again, they're just songs, they're not supposed to be monologues about her personal life. Even back then she said Not a Girl was more about the movie character than herself.  So if she were to sing that song again, everyone would understand that she's just singing it because it's part of her catalogue and it brings nostalgia to all of us, and no one should have a problem with it.

Madonna keeps singing Material Girl 80 years later, and no one bats an eye. Here in Mexico there are many 80s and 90s artists that keep performing songs from when they were kids or teenagers and talk about things like being in school, or playing Nintendo, and I have never heard anyone complaining or suggesting to replace the lyrics, because everyone understand they're just songs, and people know the lyrics by heart, and no one cares if they reflect their current life.

It's like asking singers not to sing heartbreak songs if they're currently on a relationship, or a love song if they're not in love with someone at the moment

Archived