Watch Christina Aguilera's latest video "Reflection (2020)" from Mulan

1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

PS: ugh she should have sung and called the song "LA MEJOR GUERRERA"... ("the best FEMALE warrior") Whoever translated it totally missed the point of the movie. And girl, next time hire a Spanish pronunciation tutor again because you can do way better than this (the "Mi Reflejo" album proves it), so I'm disappointed at that. She totally recorded this in a day. And omg at the video thumbnail?! That horse (and Mulan!) is going DOWN straight to the floor, head first. Ouch. Terrible CGI.

:yesokay: she really needs more training in Spanish, she's definitely lost it. It's just been too long since she made that record.

btw, this is the version I remember from Christina Aguilera's album

but I had totally blocked that the one from the actual movie was sung by Lucero :orangu:

She sounds amazing!!!  This song always hits in the feels.  I still prefer the original because the production is a bit weird in some spots with some pauses, but other than that her vocals are absolutely gorgeous!!

I can't help but see they gave her a similar look to the Britney Jean album shoot look (black background, blue lighting, bleach wavy hair, similar makeup, etc.) LOL:

britney-jean.jpg christina-aguilera-reflection-vid-2020-b

• Love 3
3 hours ago, jennyj said:

She sounds amazing!!!  This song always hits in the feels.  I still prefer the original because the production is a bit weird in some spots with some pauses, but other than that her vocals are absolutely gorgeous!!

I can't help but see they gave her a similar look to the Britney Jean album shoot look (black background, blue lighting, bleach wavy hair, similar makeup, etc.) LOL:

britney-jean.jpg christina-aguilera-reflection-vid-2020-b

I felt like this look was the same as this but in a dark room instead of a light one.

tenor.gif?itemid=16288030

also similar to the Fall in line look

giphy.gif

• Love 1

I wonder if there will be a soundtrack for the film since it's not a musical and seems to only have two Xtina songs? I think it's cute they included her in the live action, just like they did with Celine for Beauty n da Beast. But Celine only did a new song not a remake of her past.

I remember when I was a kid and saw the Xtina video for Reflection thinking who this girl was...now my kid niece can share the same experience.  :idkha:

• Haha 2
On 8/28/2020 at 4:02 PM, bitbitboi said:

That.voice! She recorded that song at her house while cooking pasta. EFFORTLESS! :lessons: 
.....but that "casual office" outfit in this video kills me :orangu:

I just found out that Lucero spoke recently about the time she filmed this video, and that at the end of the shooting, Christina Aguilera asked her team to see if she could greet her :orangu:

it turned out, Christina knew about Lucero's career because of her grandfather from Ecuador lol how weird

luceromexico-117176111-927556217725069-2

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I just found out that Lucero spoke recently about the time she filmed this video, and that at the end of the shooting, Christina Aguilera asked her team to see if she could greet her :orangu:

it turned out, Christina knew about Lucero's career because of her grandfather from Ecuador lol how weird

luceromexico-117176111-927556217725069-2

uhhh nice anecdote!!
I.......... "know" the name Lucero, it rings a bell, and that voice sounds incredible and familiar too, but I couldn't name a single song from her for the life of me... or maybe I know them and I never knew it was her? I'm 35 from Argentina and I've always loved pop music... Should I know her more??

I mean,I love the darker ,more theatrical sound of this new rendition but I think I prefer the "lighter" production and vocals of her original version. 
She can still blow and she's letting the girls know! Slay a bit,Christina!:peasants:

Not a fan of how overly filtered/face tuned/blurred her skin was. It was really overdone and super unnecessary considering how great her natural skin looks. Just something that irked me...:bieber:

7 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

uhhh nice anecdote!!
I.......... "know" the name Lucero, it rings a bell, and that voice sounds incredible and familiar too, but I couldn't name a single song from her for the life of me... or maybe I know them and I never knew it was her? I'm 35 from Argentina and I've always loved pop music... Should I know her more??

I'm not really sure if you should know her :idkney: the only song I know by heart is this tacky track from the 80's

I've always known her more as an actress of telenovelas.

lucero-fotos-gale-11.jpg.imgo.jpg

lucero.jpg

13d0393ef72da44fd895fb4e278119bf.jpg

lucero-2008-mananaesparasiempre.jpg

But later in life I discovered she was supposedly very successful as a singer back in the 90's, at least in sales and concerts. In recent years I know she's recorded some albums of Mexican regional music, and she even was a coach on the first edition of The Voice in Mexico, but yeah, I couldn't name any of her "hits"

lucero-2011-lavoz.jpg

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block