JLO ghost vocals controversy

Have you guys ever heard rumors that JLO's singing voice is not real/largely sung by other artists? Apparently this is widely rumored, but I'm just now hearing about it. 

We all know JLO as fellow Vegas queen/amazing dancer but what about her voice? In my opinion, many of her vocals do sound oddly dissimilar, especially earlier in her career. And HEAVILY sampled from other artists, and lots of lip-syncing throughout her career (see: her joke of a Barbara Streisand cover during One World Together)  :ohwut::gimmemoar:

What are our thoughts? What's the deal with JLO's voice? :gunriah:

Related:

ghost.jpg.a5396a4995bf033fcfd024c7fb6acccb.jpg

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

It's not ghost vocals if they are credited.

People try to come for her all the time because the Ashanti and Christina Milian vocals, but these women ARE credited on the tracks.

This isn't a Myah Marie situation.

Or a Beyonce stealing situation writing credits or visuals.

It's laid out plain and simple...

Say it louder for the *****es in the back :pleaseshhh:

• Love 4
  • Haha 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

How did she "Steal" vocals if these women agreed to lending their vocals by being credited all over the place? 

Usually without their knowledge and consent... that's the problem. Those songs were often STOLEN from them, JLo sang like 5% vocals, used 95% of their old demo vocals and quickly released those songs as HER singles... :tina: When often those demo singers wanted to release those songs themselves... :tina:

• Love 3
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Lukas1896 said:

Usually without their knowledge and consent... that's the problem. Those songs were often STOLEN from them, JLo sang like 5% vocals, used 95% of their old demo vocals and quickly released those songs as HER singles... :tina: When often those demo singers wanted to release those songs themselves... :tina:

Well maybe the producers should be the ones targeted and put on blast.

Has it hapened since?

It's blatantly obvious when JLo's not singing, everyone knew that when it came out!

These women were paid for their services and signed contracts, it might have been without their knowledge, but they damn well consented to it when they signed.

It's all this Taylor Swift mentality of I get to cry about something I signed up for, just because I regret it now.

There's no reason to be dragging this out nearly 20 years later, when the backlash already happened and it's not going to change anything.

What good is it doing anyone now?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, LaLisaManoban said:

This are old news...

Christina Millian is the one singing ALL of the chorus of Jlo's "play".

I like Jlo and I even watched her concert live but these are facts!

And that was even the controversy back then, same with Ashanti. It's stupid this is still getting talked about.

It'd be like if we still had threads talking about if Britney had implants or not, it's just stupid at this point.

• Like 2
On 8/18/2020 at 7:09 AM, Lukas1896 said:

She actually often was stealing... + doing other shady things + crediting the original vocalist who is singing 70% of a song as a "background vocals" is ok? lol. :sipney:

Thank you. :overitkbye:

Dude that’s literally insane!  I have never seen these videos! But to watch and listen I can actually hear! That’s crazy! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

I mean she was Tommy Mottola's pawn to sabotage his ex Mariah Carey. She's had a history of being catty (it makes sense, she's from the bronx so she had to be that way to survive) starting from In living Color of how she would be nice only to people that can further move her up. I'm not saying this as a hater, when you look like that who needs vocals? 

animation-1569036254026175770537.gif

There are many ways to get to the top, she clawed her up and I respect that, shows she's a tough girl and probably why Britney admires her. But also like Britney, she's got the it factor, great performer and knows how to command the stage, so obviously she posses some sort of talent plus being a hard worker. 

• Love 9

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block