JLO ghost vocals controversy

I am only talking about the filtered vocals at the end of the first video ( I'm not interested in jlo and I only know 5-6 songs from her) and isn't it normal for singers to have loud background vocals that blend with their own voice in the bridges and choruses?they did that a lot especially in those years.bomt and oops are full of songs like that, I can hardly hear britney's voice in the choruses.btw @JackSProductions I'm waiting for the can't make you love me solo vocals, Idk if you remember me from the request thread but :crying1:

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Sia said:

Well she can sing well enough to build an empire worth more than you and your future generations will ever see. 

Those are facts...

Trust me it's not that difficult to make money off empty-heads like you. I bet you're also joyously swimming in Kardashian/Jenner ***** :jeanluc:

It'd be futile to get on your guard tho. Whoring it up is not how me and my future generations will be emptying your pockets, we do have high standards. You might as well keep on chilling in the mud right there where you belong 'cause there's no way on earth you'll see it coming. :drinky:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Sia said:

And that "thing" is work ethic and drive that Mariah clearly lacks.

LMAO this is a joke,right? :badthoughts:
Mariah,the woman with 19 #1 singles,diamond albums and the 30 year career lacks drive and work ethic?:orangu:
You need to respect the OGs and most importantly,you need to respect TALENT:mcwave:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Sia said:

And that "thing" is work ethic and drive that Mariah clearly lacks.

For ten years Mariah worked non stop and often didn't sleep or only slept like 3 hours a night to promote her music... how is that lack of work ethic? she worked so much that she ended up having a nervous breakdown after years and years of tirelessly promoting her records, there's a reason why she has 19 #1 hits, has 2 diamond albums and is the 2nd best selling female artist ever

• Love 2
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

Right! :lollipop:

Look, the music industry is shady AF. It's equally as disturbing as real politics when you remove all the smoke and mirrors. Ultimately, you have to accept that misogyny plays a role and at that time especially, old white men were calling all the shots. Sure, talent is important... But sexuality & the 'it' factor are more so. 

JLO could perform and probably had the ability to take these songs farther than the original singers, in the eyes of the label, producers (who want the song to chart), and A&R Reps (who are paid to select hits). Ultimately, it's all about sales, and they probably made the right decision (under that mindset). Ashanti was cool and all but... she would probably never have lasted as long as JLO, even if this was released as her song. 

I also don't think JLO back in the day was intentionally stealing ****, she probably didn't have much of a choice or say. You know when she was starting her career she was probably managed and controlled similarly to how Britney was - even if they explode on the scene it takes years for these artists, especially women, to get more creative control and power. It's probably a part of her career that she isn't proud of, and I do think she has made an effort to work on her artistry and vocals over the years, perhaps because she isn't proud of these earlier moments in her singing career. 

That part!

They literally rushed to get that second album out after the unexpected success of On The 6.

This thread was literally started as a let's shyt on JLo thread, stating things that are blatantly obvious and have already been called out in the past.

Thank God these people didn't write the definition of stealing.

They should go make a thread about Beyonce instead.

On 8/18/2020 at 1:24 AM, Mgmgmgmg said:

Have you guys ever heard rumors that JLO's singing voice is not real/largely sung by other artists? Apparently this is widely rumored, but I'm just now hearing about it. 

We all know JLO as fellow Vegas queen/amazing dancer but what about her voice? In my opinion, many of her vocals do sound oddly dissimilar, especially earlier in her career. And HEAVILY sampled from other artists, and lots of lip-syncing throughout her career (see: her joke of a Barbara Streisand cover during One World Together)  :ohwut::gimmemoar:

What are our thoughts? What's the deal with JLO's voice? :gunriah:

Related:

ghost.jpg.a5396a4995bf033fcfd024c7fb6acccb.jpg

Is Jennifer Lopez the only one to do this in the past? No! Look it up!!!

People still talking about it beacuse she is worlwide famous and succesful and Mariah is involved in all this drama. Ok, it is not right but common in the businness, so who is really the one to blame? How many singers take credit on things they didn’t, how many of them sell expensive tickets for playback or pre-recorded shows? How many of them served a Super Bowl halftime show like her?

She is a great performer, she served bops, she is an icon, this is really old and I’m tired of this drama.

• Love 1

I don't really care about Jlo, i think she was decent in the early 00s until she started to make awful redneck white trash music with Pitbull 

She had very little imput/contribution in her art but she does have charisma tho. I'm just wondering if these songs would have been hits if Ashanti / Christina Milan released them? I think Jlo prob made them bigger than they would have been if someone else sang them. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block