Fifth Harmony started the disco trend and you can't change my mind

No one was really the *first* to do anything were they I mean you’d be going back all day if you tried to find the first disco revival and such forth. If I could pinpoint anyone for the 21st century, however, I feel like Kylie Minogue was a big part of the disco revival that we recognise today with Spinning Around and Can’t Get You Out of My Head in the early 2000s.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, Towelney said:

Even if other artists made disco-sounding music before her, Dua is the one who made it trendy/mainstream. :mattafact:

Tea :mattafact:

22 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Y’all really won’t let my flop thread die. :sobbing: 

Though 5H was a flop and I was wrong, the main point of the thread was that Dua Lilo wasn’t the first person who brought disco back. :lessons: 

However u still can’t deny that it was Dua, who brought disco back in a much stronger force compared to other artist, this year.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Towelney said:

Even if other artists made disco-sounding music before her, Dua is the one who made it trendy/mainstream. :mattafact:

I think Dua is honestly overhyped. She will probably flop soon. I think she gets way too much credit for reviving Disco. :mattafact:

Also, how long has your profile pic had a mask in it?! :airpls:

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I think Dua is honestly overhyped. She will probably flop soon. I think she gets way too much credit for reviving Disco. :mattafact:

Also, how long has your profile pic had a mask in it?! :airpls:

I don’t see that. Dua has reinvented herself and has had everyone downloading or buying her album, and I respect that :mattafact:

And if she gets “too much” credit, then which person brought disco back in 2020. I’m not talking about Madonna or Kylie but for this generation? Madonna set the disco agenda with “Gods control” but if it weren’t for Dua enforcing it, who would’ve? Dua released “Don’t start now”, a nu-disco song on October of 2019, and thus set the ground for it.

And no, she will NOT probably flop soon, because she has now become a respected artist among the GP and critics already with her sophomore effort. That was what people were exactly (and even ME) were saying after her debut era wrapped up. But look where she is now, her new album was no.1 on UK charts for 4 weeks straight, and has sold 1,278,000 copies globally, and has a billion streams already.

She is getting the props she deserves. Instead of just continuing with her non-charismatic and lackluster performances, she improves her choreography and goes from this:

To this:

Thus, I think she deserves our respect. Also not to mention, the immense amount of hate and backlash Dua got from that performance. 
she is getting what she deserves and I can see why. The highest rated pop album of 2020 should already certify it for you :mattafact:

If she manage to have a successful sophomore effort, then she shouldn’t worry anymore :mattafact:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

If she manage to have a successful sophomore effort, then she shouldn’t worry anymore :mattafact:

Honestly, Katy had an ENORMOUS sophomore effort, and look where she ended up. Prism wasn't as successful as Teenage Dream, and then she has been a flop since. Though that isn't entirely her fault, because the GP disrespected "Never Really Over." :badthoughts: We are all still waiting to see what happens with Smile and hoping she returns to the top. I'll wait to see what Dua does next. If she has an amazing third album, I'll happily shut my mouth. But just because you have success on your second album, that doesn't mean you're a game changer.

14 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I did it this morning :haha:

Or maybe it was last night :calculating:

I LOVE IT! It's HILARIOUS!:haha: 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
4 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Honestly, Katy had an ENORMOUS sophomore effort, and look where she ended up. Prism wasn't as successful as Teenage Dream, and then she has been a flop since. Though that isn't entirely her fault, because the GP disrespected "Never Really Over." :badthoughts: We are all still waiting to see what happens with Smile and hoping she returns to the top. I'll wait to see what Dua does next. If she has an amazing third album, I'll happily shut my mouth. But just because you have success on your second album, that doesn't mean you're a game changer.

I LOVE IT! It's HILARIOUS!:haha: 

Prism was not as successful because Teenager Dream was one of the most successful eras ever. But, Roar and Dark Horse are still two of her biggest hits to date. Roar completely destroyed Applause. Prism was still very successful. Witness / Rise was when she started to flop.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Prism...wasn’t successful? Prism was as successful as Teenage dream if not more. It was the best-selling female album of 2013, had birthed 2 of the hugest hit songs of the decade, sold already 400k+ around the world in its FIRST week! The album was freaking No.1, and had 2  No.1 diamond certified-singles. If Katy Perry released Legendary lovers and Walking on air as singles she would have had 4 No.1s, a tour which grossed 204 million dollars, has sold 8-9 million copies WW, and if we combine TEA, EAP and CSPC, the whole era sold 94 million sales. The Prism era was her own Britney era which certified and marked her as a global phenomenon. The era was HUGE because growing up, Katy Perry was the biggest female artist of 2013 & 1/2 of 2014. By your standards if we go, Then reputation and lover are flops lol. It wouldn’t make sense right.

Also, Teenage dream is also known as a Pop Masterpiece and is praised as one of the best albums of the decade. That’s the same for Dua. Dua has a long way to go, but I see a bright future of her.

40 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Prism was not as successful because Teenager Dream was one of the most successful eras ever. But, Roar and Dark Horse are still two of her biggest hits to date. Roar completely destroyed Applause. Prism was still very successful. Witness / Rise was when she started to flop.

exactly! Teenage dream era was TOO successful and huge.

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2020 at 4:23 PM, jonjon2000 said:

In 2005 Madonna brought Disco back, in 2019 Dua Lipa... so in 2033-2034 there should be another wave 

... If Sledgehammer had any performance/impact like this we could say that

Well, Kylie started the disco trend with Fever in 2001/2002 but Madge did a better version of Fever with COADF. 

M's song Sorry sounds sooo similar to Kylie's song On A Night Like This off the Light Years album and hell, her song Give It 2Me sounds very similar to Kylie's Give It To Me off the Fever album 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block